Windows 10: AMD vs Intel

Discus and support AMD vs Intel in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi folks the importance of having decent graphics cards cannot IMO be over stated. To me latest NVIDIA and INTEL cards beat the socks out of typical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jimbo45, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. jimbo45 Win User

AMD vs Intel

Hi folks

the importance of having decent graphics cards cannot IMO be over stated.

To me latest NVIDIA and INTEL cards beat the socks out of typical AMD ones -- even an old NVIDIA card works wonders compared to some of the radeon ones.

Running a Windows VM on AMD - graphics response isn't the best. Running the VM on same Host machine.

Now KRDC (remote access) from a machine with an old NVIDIA card -- totally difference in video display even though it's going accross a LAN.

Just my take on it -- I'm remote accessing the VM on an 8 year old HP Gen 8 Proliant microserver with a lowly celeron chip but with an installed GEForce 610 / GF119 -- absolute Dinosaurs by todays technology but beat the socks out of a much more modern R7

just my take on this -- of course more modern cards / cpu's probably quite different experience - but I'm not intending to upgrade perfectly functioning hardware just yet --- might see though what "Black Friday" this year offers --could be some mega bargains after all the covid 19 stuff has decimated trade for last 6 - 9m months or so..

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

2. intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:45 AM
  3. AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

Hi,

So for those of you who still have an old HP laptop, I'd suggest to go look there : leshcatlabs.net/

I think someone linked it in this post a few years before, it's a packed version of the drivers (amd + intel) working

JérômeBOEGLIN, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:45 AM
  4. AMD vs Intel

Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Thema:

AMD vs Intel

1. AMD vs Intel - Similar Threads - AMD Intel

2. Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU: If I use the mouse to grab the dot to go forward in a movie the image freeze. Currently using Windows 2004, I tried with the default AMD driver and the latest, same result. How can I make it work again? submitted by /u/TheGlaude [link] [comments]...
  3. Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?

Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?: I want to upgrade my computer with new motherboard, processor, changing from Intel to AMD. I understand that I will need to deactivate/reactivate my windows licence, but if I move my existing SSD to the new system will it boot and run on the new system, albeit unactivated,...
  4. Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon: Hardware-accelerated scheduling support for GPU was recently added to Windows 10 with May 2020 Update and Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM 2.7). Hardware acceleration is a technical term used to describe tasks being offloaded to specific hardware. As the name suggests,...
  5. How do I change my GPU from Intel to AMD for ALL apps?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change my GPU from Intel to AMD for ALL apps?: I'm getting really desperate here. I have a lot of games on my computer, and I want to change my default GPU to AMD. But I have a LOT of games, and it'll take a lot of time to configure settings for every single one of them. How do I set AMD as my default GPU?...
  6. Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel

Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel: [ATTACH] Hi I have an Origin PC desktop with spec listed below: Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming WiFi AC Processors: Intel Core i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.7GHz TurboBoost). Graphic Cards: Single 11GB GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Memory: 32GB ORIGIN PC DDR4 Powered by...
  7. I tried to activate my Windows 10 after upgrading mother board and going from INTEL to AMD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I tried to activate my Windows 10 after upgrading mother board and going from INTEL to AMD.: I had OEM 7PRO before and I updated purchased a Windows 10 Home key through Best Buy. Yesterday I changed my motherboard whole computer actually from Intel to AMD, motherboard and all. When I saw the grey'd out "Activate Windows" I went to settings etc. I sign in, enter...
  8. Changing from Intel to AMD

Changing from Intel to AMD: Hello, I have recently bought a new amd cpu and motherboard to replace my old intel i5, how do I change these two without having to reinstall windows 10retail version and all my programs, games etc. Thanks....
  9. Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help: Hi guys.I've been trying to find the drivers mentioned in the topic but could not find one. Nor Intel nor amd display driver for this card for W10 64bit So what can I do? I did update,nothing. I changed like 3-4 AMD display drivers,and I only get after reboot no display...
  10. Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help

Intel HD Graphics 3000+AMD 7690M XT driver for W10,no such one,help: Hi guys.I've been trying to find the drivers mentioned in the topic but could not find one. Nor Intel nor amd display driver for this card for W10 64bit So what can I do? I did update,nothing. I changed like 3-4 AMD display drivers,and I only get after reboot no display...