Windows 10: AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Discus and support AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; AMD has confirmed that it is working on graphics drivers for Windows 10 preview builds, after various reports from users facing issues emerged online.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Source

:)

labeeman, Feb 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 not fully compatable with AMD Radeon HD 7640G?

Hi Wulph,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

There are a few compatibility issues that we have seen with AMD GPU for Windows 10 lately.

Many have asked us when we anticipate these drivers being released. AMD has provided us with new drivers and both engineering teams are evaluating and comparing results. AMD is working closely with us to verify this issue, and has been extremely proactive
    and customer focused so that Insiders are able to use this new preview build. We expect to have this resolved quickly with their help.

To keep yourself updated follow the Windows 10 blog for latest information.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs - Windows Experience Blog

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 3, 2015
  3. Driver / gpu issue / game bugs

Hi elfenliedtopfan5,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

Since Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in development stage (testing environment), certain features might not work in the usual manner. Hence you may face some issue with Windows 10.We are looking forward to improve it.

Which build you are in?

In build 10122, we had known issue related to AMD Drivers. Check the below blog:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs - Windows Experience Blog

I would suggest you to install the latest build 10130 and check for the issue. Refer the below blog:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs - Windows Experience Blog

For any Windows related assistance in the future, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Annu Singh, Feb 3, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Darn. . .haven't used an AMD device in about five years. . .had to think a moment on what AMD made. . .*Smile

5. On my laptop that has AMD/AMD dual graphics I kept getting a "No AMD graphics driver installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the correct AMD driver appropriate for your graphics hardware" popup. That was with the driver Windows 10 installed in the background shortly after the first boot up. I've since ditched 10 on that PC and gone back to Windows 8.1. I give 10 another go though if they release a new driver.

alphanumeric, Feb 3, 2015
  6. Are you sure? Macs have AMD Video chips in them.

Indianatone, Feb 3, 2015
  7. Guess I'll count myself lucky that I'm not having any issues with my dual 290s. Looking forward to new drivers though, especially if they bring proper crossfire profiles for AC Unity and Far Cry 4.

blackroseMD1, Feb 3, 2015
  8. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Source The laptop I have the Technical Preview build 9266 installed on my Acer with an ATI 6850 graphics card.

orlbuckeye, Feb 3, 2015
  9. Slartybart, Feb 3, 2015
  10. ASUS K75DE laptop, AMD A10-4600M, AMD Radeon® HD 7660G + 7670M. Issue posted in post #3

"No AMD graphics driver installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the correct AMD driver appropriate for your graphics hardware" pop up on every boot up. This happened after the video drivers were updated in the background through Windows update.

11. Might want to check the driver version. Windows Update kept installing months old drivers on my system. I ended up having to do a reg edit so that I could block the install. May have happened to you too.

Newest drivers are 14.501.1003.0. The ones WU installed on my W10 9926 install were 14.201.1008.1002.

blackroseMD1, Feb 3, 2015
  12. Might want to check the driver version. Windows Update kept installing months old drivers on my system. I ended up having to do a reg edit so that I could block the install. May have happened to you too.

Newest drivers are 14.501.1003.0. The ones WU installed on my W10 9926 install were 14.201.1008.1002. Next build maybe, I went back to Windows 8.1.

13. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Forcing driver updates is one of my annoyances with W10. I understand forcing Windows updates, but driver updates should be able to be deselected. I can't run "modern" Windows Update without having that months old GPU driver downloaded and installed.

blackroseMD1, Feb 4, 2015
  14. Yeah, MS does this for some reason - probably because the OEM gives them drivers to test and they test a great deal of machines configurations. Not all OEM releases pass the muster on all test beds. The next OEM driver that passes all tests gets downloaded though MS.

You have one machine, MS has a billion users with one or more machines!

I treat drivers the same way I treat BIOS - if there's a bug and a fix, I'll update. If there's an issue and no fix, I wait (sometimes a year or more) until the OEM addresses the issue. When things are running fine, I don't bother to get the latest and greatest - that might introduce an issue.

That's just what I do though, everyone manages their machine(s) differently.

Bill

Slartybart, Feb 4, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    Source The laptop I have the Technical Preview build 9266 installed on my Acer with an ATI 6850 graphics card. Well, Buckeye, that's a mighty old build you got there. We're all on Build 9926. *Smile

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

1. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds - Similar Threads - AMD working drivers

2. AMD build in microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD build in microphone does not work.: I have a new laptop. I installed Windows 11 on it. When I try to use my microphone apps say something like "We can't hear you." or "No audio input source available. The microphone is AMD Audio device. My friend has the same laptop but the microphone works for him....
  3. AMD build in microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD build in microphone does not work.: I have a new laptop. I installed Windows 11 on it. When I try to use my microphone apps say something like "We can't hear you." or "No audio input source available. The microphone is AMD Audio device. My friend has the same laptop but the microphone works for him....
  4. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10: I have installed even Leahcat drivers but they are not working on windows 10 my laptop is Sony vpccb15fg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-6630m-drivers-not-working-on-windows-10/b46c6666-048c-40bd-bd0f-f65230ecad84
  5. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10: I have installed even Leahcat drivers but they are not working on windows 10 my laptop is Sony vpccb15fg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-6630m-drivers-not-working-on-windows-10/b46c6666-048c-40bd-bd0f-f65230ecad84
  6. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. AMD Driver not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver not working at all: My AMD driver has not been working for a long time and I have given up on all of it. I tried everything restarting PC installing new software and it all seems not to work. Every time I uninstall and install again it install the wrong driver before Giving me bluescreens of all...
  8. AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122: Updated driver availability for AMD GPU's for Build 10122 was announced about 24 hours ago by Gabe Aul and we are to get it through Windows Update. I have a laptop with 10122 and fast build selected. I have asked to "Check for Update" over a dozen times and it is not found....
  9. Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10: Status: Unresolved Computer Type: Desktop PC GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-x 3gb GDDR5 (factory OC, using single GPU) CPU: Intel Ivy bridge i5 3570k Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA1155 RAM: Kingston Predator 8GB PSU: Corsair TX650M 650w 80Plus Bronze OS: Windows 10...
  10. AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122

in Windows 10 News
    AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6284