Windows 10: AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Discus and support AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It may be more accurate to say that they are making new drivers for DirectX 12. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

It may be more accurate to say that they are making new drivers for DirectX 12.

CountMike, Feb 4, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

Are you sure? Macs have AMD Video chips in them. My Mac has is intel and Nvidia

3. Vladimir Win User
    I'll be anxiously waiting. I have a HP Envy Sleekbook with an AMD A10 processor and HD8610G graphics. Didn't try Windows 10 on it yet because of the drivers.

Vladimir, Feb 4, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

I just went to HP to try updating the drivers on this laptop, but of course none could be found. Then I went to NVidia, but I guess the graphics card is a tad bit too old because it wasn't even found. I could go to AMD, but I think I'll just go ahead and roll back to Windows 8.1 when I get my new laptop somewhere around the 25th.

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
  5. WillyH Win User
    Currently using the following as a Home Theater PC:
    AMD A8-6600K APU
    MSI R7-250 GPU
    Denon Receiver & 60" LG LED Smart TV

Upgraded to Build 9926 yesterday (64bit), and it replaced my AMD drivers and deleted the Catalyst Control Center. The only real problem this caused me is that now my display is not filling the screen (underscanning), which I could adjust for using settings in the Control Center. When I attempt to reinstall the latest drivers and Catalyst Control Center, it fails to load the detection driver and locks up the installation application. I could work around this using the settings on my flat-screen, but that would throw it off for all the other stuff I am running on it. We'll see how long it takes to get this fixed.......

WillyH, Apr 1, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Try installing 14.12 Omega drivers but only CCC. But check for CCC in Programs first, I didn't manage for it to show on taskbar automatically.

CountMike, Apr 1, 2015
  7. WillyH Win User
    I'll check it out and let you know what I find. I do know it's not listed under APPS. I was also unaware that CCC could be installed independently from the drivers. Thanks.

WillyH, Apr 2, 2015
  8. WillyH Win User

Tried everything you said,CountMike, but CCC is gone from programs and nothing posted on the AMD website works, beta or otherwise, simply because it tries to install an autodetect program which just won't load with this build of Windows. I'll just have to wait and see how long it will take AMD to respond to this issue

WillyH, Apr 2, 2015
  9. rmtracy Win User
    Windows update installed the following driver for me: 15.200.1012.2, dated 3-11-2015. l am running Build 10049.

AMD 8150, AMD 7770, dual boot 8.1 and 10049.

Ray
    The Old Marine
    Semper Fi

rmtracy, Apr 2, 2015
  10. In my experience, that only happens if you choose the autodetect downloader option. Have you tried the other options? I have no trouble installing the AMD drivers for Win8.

Mark Phelps, Apr 2, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    I might add, in my experience with my HP machines, if I tell it I'm running Windows 8.1 and download (not download and install) "only" the one driver for whatever, be it the AMD processor or the Audio card, etc. then click the downloaded driver, it will install.

There're more ways to skin Windows 10 than one. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 2, 2015
  12. waltc Win User
    If you're not running a desktop, AMD IntegratedGraphicsProcessors are the only game in town for notebook GPU/graphics performance. Intel IGPs (usually found only in notebooks) are very slow comparatively and don't support as many D3d/OpenGL API features. For notebooks you cannot do better than an AMD IGP if you are interested in playing any games with your laptop.

For desktops, AMD (ATi, formerly) makes 3d cards at least as good as anything nVidia makes in the way of discrete GPUs.

As far as desktop CPUs go, Intel cpus still run benchmarks faster than AMD cpus, but AMD cpus are still a much better buy than Intel cpus, imo. If you are the kind of person who thinks he can discern the difference between a game running at 100 frames per second and the same game running at 80 frames per second, then you'll probably want to spend the extra cash and go with an Intel cpu...*Wink If not, then the AMD cpu is a much better buy, imo.

waltc, Apr 2, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

Just to ad this, AMD's APUs, (Axx.xxxx) have different drivers for it's GPU part although it's number may correspond to discrete GPU. Those APU processors have better GPU incorporated than corresponding Intel processors, so that has to be taken into account.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  14. My laptop has an AMD A-10 APU, and a dedicated AMD GPU. An AMD Radeon® HD 7660G plus a 7670M with 1 gig or dedicated video RAM. It's a plus plus for me as I can use the one driver from AMD and have the switchable graphics work as they should. On the down side I had driver issues with the 9926 build. No problems with 10041 though. My laptop is upgrading to 10049 as I type this. Hopefully that works out too.

alphanumeric, Apr 2, 2015
  15. CountMike New Member
    Oki, let us know what happens. Good luck.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
Thema:

1. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds - Similar Threads - AMD working drivers

2. AMD build in microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD build in microphone does not work.: I have a new laptop. I installed Windows 11 on it. When I try to use my microphone apps say something like "We can't hear you." or "No audio input source available. The microphone is AMD Audio device. My friend has the same laptop but the microphone works for him....
  3. AMD build in microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD build in microphone does not work.: I have a new laptop. I installed Windows 11 on it. When I try to use my microphone apps say something like "We can't hear you." or "No audio input source available. The microphone is AMD Audio device. My friend has the same laptop but the microphone works for him....
  4. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10: I have installed even Leahcat drivers but they are not working on windows 10 my laptop is Sony vpccb15fg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-6630m-drivers-not-working-on-windows-10/b46c6666-048c-40bd-bd0f-f65230ecad84
  5. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10: I have installed even Leahcat drivers but they are not working on windows 10 my laptop is Sony vpccb15fg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-6630m-drivers-not-working-on-windows-10/b46c6666-048c-40bd-bd0f-f65230ecad84
  6. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. AMD Driver not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver not working at all: My AMD driver has not been working for a long time and I have given up on all of it. I tried everything restarting PC installing new software and it all seems not to work. Every time I uninstall and install again it install the wrong driver before Giving me bluescreens of all...
  8. AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122: Updated driver availability for AMD GPU's for Build 10122 was announced about 24 hours ago by Gabe Aul and we are to get it through Windows Update. I have a laptop with 10122 and fast build selected. I have asked to "Check for Update" over a dozen times and it is not found....
  9. Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10: Status: Unresolved Computer Type: Desktop PC GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-x 3gb GDDR5 (factory OC, using single GPU) CPU: Intel Ivy bridge i5 3570k Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA1155 RAM: Kingston Predator 8GB PSU: Corsair TX650M 650w 80Plus Bronze OS: Windows 10...
  10. AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122

in Windows 10 News
    AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6284