Windows 10: AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Discus and support AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's on the Installing screen with the big ring, showing 15%. Might be a while, doesn't seem to be going very fast. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

It's on the Installing screen with the big ring, showing 15%. Might be a while, doesn't seem to be going very fast.

alphanumeric, Apr 2, 2015
  2. WillyH Win User

The issue is not with the drivers, but with the Catalyst Control Center. I need this to correct my flat-panel for underscan. The drivers install and work ok for the video card and A8 APU.

WillyH, Apr 2, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    This is how I set installation of Omega drivers over latest MS drivers so only CCC was installed:

AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds [​IMG]

Notice that driver itself was unchecked.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  4. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Upgrade finally finished. First thing that popped up after logging in was the Catalyst Control Center asking me if I wanted to enable my switchable graphics. This is with the stock drivers installed. No issues so far, haven't used it much though. Version shown for the CCC is 2015.0228.335.6304

alphanumeric, Apr 2, 2015
  5. waltc Win User
    Yes, I keep forgetting that AMD calls it's IGPs APUs...*Wink Ah, love those tech acronyms, eh?...*Wink

waltc, Apr 3, 2015
  6. APU is CPU and GPU on the same die. The GPU is in the CPU. I do believe Intel does this too. My ASUS Laptop has an A-10 APU and a separate GPU on the motherboard. They both can drive the built in LCD or an external monitor, and can switch from one GPU to the other on the fly without me seeing it. On battery it can run on the APU to save battery use. When on the power pack it can run the dedicated GPU for more performance. It's configurable in the CCC. For games youd want the dedicated GPU but for other mundane stuff you may want to use the APU so you don't generate as much heat etc.

alphanumeric, Apr 3, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Am I the only one who had a decent installation time? *Eek

Wynona, Apr 3, 2015
  8. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

after trying to update 10049 and getting nowhere because of an internet connection I found out that that my laptop install went fine in VM. I then added a usb wireless adapter to my desktop and the first thing it downloaded was an update to INTEL!! solved my problems.
    now everything so far works great. But 5 hours to do an update to 10041 using a DVD ISO file to perform the upgrade to 10049 is stretching the patience of anyone. hope the next one goes better. just switched my machines to slow ring.
    Larry

shipinomore10, Apr 3, 2015
  9. I don't know yet. I got the same prompt and so far I'm letting it run with the stock Windows installed driver. I don't get the ccc has stopped working until I use the laptop for a while. I think it happens when I actually switch graphics. I'm on my desktop PC at the moment.

alphanumeric, Jul 29, 2015
  10. The only problem I am having with the 15.7.1 drivers is that my laptop crashes and I get a blue screen when I connect it to my TV via HDMI. Is anyone else having this issue?

BrownianMotion, Jul 29, 2015
  11. pyramid10 Win User
    Microsoft generic drivers didn't recognize my ATI mobile graphics or the external HDMI monitor. The moment I initiated the installation of the ATI Win 10 mobile drivers (analysis), the monitor came on.

Keeping fingers crossed on this temperamental laptop--on previous Win 8.1, display drivers crashing while browsing and occasionally rebooting.

pyramid10, Jul 29, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    Gamers, beware of 15.7.1 drivers, I have seen reports of them making mess of and slowing down games like GTA 5.

CountMike, Jul 29, 2015
  13. lolcocks Win User

AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

Not really, all my games are working fine include GTA 5.
    AMD 7850 here.

lolcocks, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Boozad Win User
    AMD need to pull their finger out and get their heads together with Microsoft as there appears to be a number of issues with AMD drivers and W10. The worst so far are the multiple instances of 0xAO BSODs with AMD mobility GPUs. I've reported the problem to MS via Feedback but without having any first hand experience in it I suppose it's tough for them to gather data.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  15. syorks55 Win User
    Not sure if this is what is affecting me (not too technical I'm afraid). My Medion Akoya E4059, with AMD A8-5500 Elite quad core and radeon graphics upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. First thing I did was to resize the large desktop icons, and after I tried a different screen resolution, I got an onscreen message saying I needed to revert to my previous settings, and that's all I can get, nothing else. Tried everything I can, safe mode etc, but can't get anything to change. Currently "going back to previous build", but after 2 hours plus I am getting worried.

syorks55, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds

1. AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds - Similar Threads - AMD working drivers

2. AMD build in microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD build in microphone does not work.: I have a new laptop. I installed Windows 11 on it. When I try to use my microphone apps say something like "We can't hear you." or "No audio input source available. The microphone is AMD Audio device. My friend has the same laptop but the microphone works for him....
  3. AMD build in microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD build in microphone does not work.: I have a new laptop. I installed Windows 11 on it. When I try to use my microphone apps say something like "We can't hear you." or "No audio input source available. The microphone is AMD Audio device. My friend has the same laptop but the microphone works for him....
  4. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10: I have installed even Leahcat drivers but they are not working on windows 10 my laptop is Sony vpccb15fg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-6630m-drivers-not-working-on-windows-10/b46c6666-048c-40bd-bd0f-f65230ecad84
  5. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10: I have installed even Leahcat drivers but they are not working on windows 10 my laptop is Sony vpccb15fg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-6630m-drivers-not-working-on-windows-10/b46c6666-048c-40bd-bd0f-f65230ecad84
  6. Amd Radeon 6630m drivers not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. AMD Driver not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver not working at all: My AMD driver has not been working for a long time and I have given up on all of it. I tried everything restarting PC installing new software and it all seems not to work. Every time I uninstall and install again it install the wrong driver before Giving me bluescreens of all...
  8. AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122: Updated driver availability for AMD GPU's for Build 10122 was announced about 24 hours ago by Gabe Aul and we are to get it through Windows Update. I have a laptop with 10122 and fast build selected. I have asked to "Check for Update" over a dozen times and it is not found....
  9. Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10: Status: Unresolved Computer Type: Desktop PC GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-x 3gb GDDR5 (factory OC, using single GPU) CPU: Intel Ivy bridge i5 3570k Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA1155 RAM: Kingston Predator 8GB PSU: Corsair TX650M 650w 80Plus Bronze OS: Windows 10...
  10. AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122

in Windows 10 News
    AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6284