Windows 10: AMD Zen3 & GFX3070 new build - BSOD and random reboot (non-bsod)

Discus and support AMD Zen3 & GFX3070 new build - BSOD and random reboot (non-bsod) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Brand new computer build, now BSOD when playing DOOM eternal after ~5 minutes!! Code: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lunarage, Nov 21, 2020.

1. lunarage Win User

AMD Zen3 & GFX3070 new build - BSOD and random reboot (non-bsod)

Brand new computer build, now BSOD when playing DOOM eternal after ~5 minutes!!

Code:
    Attachment 307350

Code:
    Code:
    Attachment 307352Attachment 307353

On top off BSOD, I've just had my 2nd random reboot.... i was only editing my post here. Screen flickered, then back to windows login after a reboot

:)

lunarage, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Need help with constant (runs for days or hours then random BSOD) BSOD in wind 10 x570 AMD 3700x new system.

Need help with constant (runs for days or hours then random BSOD) BSOD in wind 10 x570 AMD 3700x new system.

Was using a slightly later bios than F4 at the time of crash.

memtests ok.

BSOD – Google Drive

PhilipM111, Nov 21, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. AMD Zen3 & GFX3070 new build - BSOD and random reboot (non-bsod) - Similar Threads - AMD Zen3 GFX3070

2. Random BSOD Reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD Reboots: Recently, my PC has started having random BSOD reboots. Sometimes these happen when the PC is not being used, so I'm assuming it's some sort of background process causing them. A few months back there was an issue with Norton Antivirus. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and...
  3. Random reboot and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboot and BSODs: Hello, I built my system last november. It runs very well except for the occasional BSOD and sudden reboot. These have been happening since I've built it. I can't remember when it started, but it was very early. These days, though, they are getting very frequent at about a...
  4. BSOD - New Build AMD - ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780

BSOD - New Build AMD - ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780: Hi, Can anyone help. I have been getting intermittent BSOD on a new Ryzen build. All have the same crash address of ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780. I have tested memory and hard disks with no errors. Also, have updated Bios to newest version. Also have reinstalled Windows once and also...
  5. Random reboots and BSOD

Random reboots and BSOD: I've just recently started having BSODs and reboots. Different errors most of the time. I ran windows 10 verifier and windows couldn't boot without a BSOD at that point. I did try updating graphics drivers but when that didn't fix it I didn't want to keep shooting in the...
  6. New Build Random Freezes/BSOD

New Build Random Freezes/BSOD: Ok, ill start with saying i just built a new PC and when everything is going well it runs AMAZING. About two or three times a day while playing games or just having the pc on the desktop, it will freeze or restart to BSOD. Only way to reboot is to hit the power button and...
  7. BSOD randomly on new build

BSOD randomly on new build: I have been getting random BSODs between both regular usage and gaming.The cause is different each time ranging from SERVICE EXCEPTION to page fault in non paged area. Strangely this sometimes happens (but not always) when I bump into the table, but I have checked for any...
  8. Random Reboot with No BSOD

Random Reboot with No BSOD: So for a couple of months ago, my house is having a short power outage problem that happens quite frequently when I'm playing games. I have a UPS for 2 years to handle a sudden power outage and it usually works well. But unfortunately, the game that I play a lot right now...
  9. Random BSOD Reboots

Random BSOD Reboots: Hello! I have been trying to work on an older Asus K52f laptop that has been having BSOD issues for a while now. I have been unable to find a link to what triggers the BSOD so any help would be awesome. Thank you! Attachment 72724Attachment 72724 46003
  10. Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build: Intro I've been getting BSOD's at random since I built this system around two months ago. I've looked for help via friends, Reddit and my own technical knowledge but have so far not come up with a solution. I'm going crazy and desperate for a solution now - it's a brand...