Windows 10: Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility

Discus and support Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new ASUS Vivobook 64 bit laptop running the latest edition of a preinstalled 64 bit Win 10 Home. In my UEFI Bios the feature "CSM Support"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jchoelgaard, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility

I have a new ASUS Vivobook 64 bit laptop running the latest edition of a preinstalled 64 bit Win 10 Home.

In my UEFI Bios the feature "CSM Support" is greyed out.

Also the usual feature "Secure Boot" on the SECURITY tab does not exist.

I have used WinToUSB to put a bonafide 32 bit Win7 Home Premium on a 64 Gb USB stick as a portable Win 7.

My old 32 bit Win7 laptop (just tried it for testing) is perfectly able to run the Win 7 from the USB (takes a long time for initalizing the first run),

However the new laptop does not automatically detect the USB as a boot device!

In the UEFi Bios utility there is an option to add a boot device by entering a Name and Path.

I tried with "SMI USB Drive 1100" for the Name (which the UEFI has detected as the name of a connected USB storage device?!) and "bootx64" for the Path entry (only possibility!) but nothing works.

I suspect I must first add a bootia32-file to the USB root directory, disable "Fast Boot" and enable "CSM Support" and disable "Secure Boot" in order to have any chances of running Win 7 from the USB.

But since my bios does'nt give the last two possibilities, I don't know what to do unless it is possible to write some flag-settings to the UEFI firmware from within Win 10 in order to make these two possibilities available.

Can this somehow be done?

As a last option, I might have to flash an older UEFI (version 303), where I suspect these possibilities are available. However I am reluctant to try this more radical approach.

Please advise (Asus support is absolutely no help and don't even understand the problem despite sending them several details and screenshots!).

Jens

:)

jchoelgaard, Oct 20, 2018

2. BIOS screen stuck (Aptio Setup Utility

Hi Caleb,

To help you with your concern regarding the
    Aptio Setup Utility or the Bios
    Menu version 203, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your computer and update the BIOS.

Please go to Bing.com and search the following combination of words:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Coding language for BIOS?

That is what I was figuring. C or Assembly. I really like coding in C, so far more then C++.

Reading over that UEFI Programming steps website. Really cool stuff.

MxPhenom 216, Oct 20, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility

American Megatrends Adds UEFI Bluetooth Keyboard Support to UEFI Firmware

American Megatrends, Inc. (AMI), a global leader in BIOS, remote management tools, network data storage products and unique solutions based on the Linux and Android operating systems, is pleased to announce the addition of UEFI Bluetooth keyboard and pointing device support to its flagship Aptio V UEFI Firmware.

By adding Bluetooth support to Aptio V UEFI Firmware, users of small form factor, all-in-one and touch-enabled devices can now access the UEFI BIOS settings via a Bluetooth keyboard and pointing device to make BIOS customizations. This newly-added capability empowers end users to easily modify the BIOS settings of their systems in a number of ways and configure these products according to their personal preferences.

"The addition of Bluetooth keyboard support to Aptio V UEFI Firmware opens up a world of options for users of small form factor and touch-enabled devices, showing once again how AMI has its ear finely tuned to the present and future needs of our OEM customers and their end user consumers," commented Subramonian Shankar, President and CEO of American Megatrends.

btarunr, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility

1. Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility - Similar Threads - Amercan Megatrends UEFI

2. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED: Hello! From the morning im being stucked at the BIOS screen.. Tried qlmost everything and its not working im still being stucked at it. Even updated bios through ASUS EZ FLASH 3 UTILITY through internet source and nothing happened. I saw people doing something with secure...
  3. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED: Hello! From the morning im being stucked at the BIOS screen.. Tried qlmost everything and its not working im still being stucked at it. Even updated bios through ASUS EZ FLASH 3 UTILITY through internet source and nothing happened. I saw people doing something with secure...
  4. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode: I want more space for my pc so I was gonna buy a internal hard drive and apon futher look I have a 1tb hard drive inside that wasn't working and was plug in with a power cable and sata cable but my pc was running off a 250gb so I took the 250gb out and booted my pc on 1tb...
  6. UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode: I want more space for my pc so I was gonna buy a internal hard drive and apon futher look I have a 1tb hard drive inside that wasn't working and was plug in with a power cable and sata cable but my pc was running off a 250gb so I took the 250gb out and booted my pc on 1tb...
  7. UEFI BIOS utility - EZ mode

8. UEFI bios utility Ez Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI bios utility Ez Mode: Hello, Ive been using my pc for a while now and around a month ago it got stuck in Uefi bios Utility ez mode. To fix the issue i unplugged my mouse and keyboard and restarted my pc and it worked normally. But the issue I have now is every time I start my pc it automatically...
  9. Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility

Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility: Hi all - I have a Windows 10 PC running an ASUS Sabertooth X-99 motherboard. I left it exporting a large video file from Adobe Premiere Pro for a few days; when I got back, it was stuck on the UEFI BIOS Utility motherboard screen. I tried turning it off and on a few times, to...
  10. BIOS / UEFI setup

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS / UEFI setup: Hi, I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at shutdown. This particular machine happens to be set up with the boot option set to UEFI whereas the others use Legacy. So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. american megatrends UEFI mode print screen capability