Windows 10: American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error

Discus and support American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop computer all of a sudden won't boot due to a new AMI error. It says: "USB device over current status detected! This device will shut down in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Buckmakers, Jan 27, 2021.

1. American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error

My desktop computer all of a sudden won't boot due to a new AMI error. It says: "USB device over current status detected! This device will shut down in 15 seconds." I have removed all USB devices but it still displays this msg. & won't let my desktop boot up. I've tried to press "Delete" and F8, as instructed, to get to the BIOS Setup but with no success. Any help will be most appreciated.

:)

Buckmakers, Jan 27, 2021
  2. brbrown1 Win User

American Megatrend Mystery

Since the last updates on my Windows 10 computer, at start up the screen if filled with data and a large title American Megatrend at the top. Why is this suddenly starting to happe? I can see no need for it anyway.

brbrown1, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Grom0X Win User
    Started up American Megatrends error window and now the PC runs slow

Update your BIOS to the latest version ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING 1301, then boot up to Windows, shut down your computer and clear CMOS.

UPDATE BIOS:

American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error [​IMG]

Clear CMOS:

American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error [​IMG]

Grom0X, Jan 27, 2021
  4. American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error

American Megatrends warning

I receive the following message on an American Megatrends screen:

"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit! Press F1 to Run SETUP"

This message does not appear following a power on cycle, but appears (sometimes) when I logon in the morning after a night in which the computer was powered on but I was not logged in. I assume I should replace the power supply. Is there any danger in continuing
    to use the computer; I power the computer off and reboot it, and everything seems rosy for a day or two.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

EdwardShipley, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error

1. American Megatrends AMI - USB Boot Error - Similar Threads - American Megatrends AMI

2. American megatrends

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    American megatrends: Lorsque je démarre mon PC, j'obtiens un écran noir avec les mégatendances américaines dessus.Que dois-je faire pour que cela disparaisse et ne perde pas mes données sur mon PC ?...
  3. American megatrends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    American megatrends: Lorsque je démarre mon PC, j'obtiens un écran noir avec les mégatendances américaines dessus.Que dois-je faire pour que cela disparaisse et ne perde pas mes données sur mon PC ?...
  4. American megatrends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. American megatrends

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    American megatrends: When I start up my PC, I get a black screen with American megatrends on it.What should I do to make this go away and not lose my data on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/american-megatrends/121555d6-3ed9-44bd-9783-7157fc94b052
  6. American megatrends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    American megatrends: When I start up my PC, I get a black screen with American megatrends on it.What should I do to make this go away and not lose my data on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/american-megatrends/121555d6-3ed9-44bd-9783-7157fc94b052
  7. American megatrends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. American Megatrends appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    American Megatrends appears: I turned on my PC and the American Megatrends logo appears. It dissapears and I see no error message. Sometimes the black screen goes away and windows boots around after a hour or so. Are there any fixes to this? Also, I see a underscore flash for my cursor, it goes...
  9. American MegaTrends

American MegaTrends: Svaki put uključim moj Windows 10 Tablet imam grešku American MegaTrends. Tablet je ali nešto sam stavljao pa da se ne zbunite. Resetovatio sam ga na fabricka podasavanja tako sto sam ušao u Settings>Update and security>Recovery>Advanced startup restartovanje...
  10. American Megatrends Boot question ???????

American Megatrends Boot question ???????: Hello Everyone When I boot my system the bios posts twice and it shows this strange line of white blocks at the bottom...... I will hazard a guess that they have to do with memory ??????? Can anyone tell me what this means . Perhaps its nothing but on the off chance it...