Windows 10: Aministration Rights

Discus and support Aministration Rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have just picked up a new laptop with W10 pre installed from an electrical shop. Although it shows me as administrator, I cannot delete a back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CathAdams, Sep 20, 2018.

1. CathAdams Win User

Aministration Rights

Hi, I have just picked up a new laptop with W10 pre installed from an electrical shop. Although it shows me as administrator, I cannot delete a back up file which it taking up way too much of my limited space of .... the file was moved from my old laptop to the new one, it states I have no Admin rights.

I have tried to do a clean up, but it says I do not have enough space to do so... catch 22??

I have a basic understanding of computers so any help would be very much appreciated, but in laymans terms

:)

CathAdams, Sep 20, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 20, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Aministration Rights

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

Aministration Rights

1. Aministration Rights - Similar Threads - Aministration Rights

2. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right: Just received an update and my win 10 is not working correctlyfirst off the computer is very slow.When i try to use my synaptic touch pad to select and high-lite cannot accomplish this with my touch pad.it will not capture and entire line very erratic. I also have to click...
  3. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right: Just received an update and my win 10 is not working correctlyfirst off the computer is very slow.When i try to use my synaptic touch pad to select and high-lite cannot accomplish this with my touch pad.it will not capture and entire line very erratic. I also have to click...
  4. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  6. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  7. Can't open "Virus and threat protection" with a message saying "Your IT aministrator has...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open "Virus and threat protection" with a message saying "Your IT aministrator has...: hello, I'm having trouble opening "Virus and threat protection" from my windows defender. First of all it does not appear at all from my defenders window and when I search for it in Settings, I get a message I said in the title. How do I fix this?...
  8. Aministrator

Aministrator: Hello! I am using an old school computer that I bought from the school. I don't have Administrator rights, but I have my old school account. I have tried to give myself Administrator using the command prompt, but to do that, I need to run it as an Admin. When I restarted the...
  9. Aministrative email change

Aministrative email change: How do I change the sign in on my new hp laptop? I mistakenly made a new account rather than using the one I already had. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aministrative-email-change/0a34fb6f-5b8d-4d85-a4d0-1c8e9ad56374
  10. strange entry in Aministrative Events log

strange entry in Aministrative Events log: Was having trouble with W10 switching between desktop and tablet mode. Was so bad for a few days I could hardly use my computer. I looked through the windows logs to see if there were any unusual events. Found an item with a very unusual font that is difficult to read. I...