Windows 10: Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?

Discus and support Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Amkette USB 3.0 hub has 4 Usb 3.0 ports (blue). I made sure to connect the hub with a Usb 3.0 (Blue) Type B to Type A cable. I also made sure to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rohan10, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Rohan10 Win User

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?

The Amkette USB 3.0 hub has 4 Usb 3.0 ports (blue). I made sure to connect the hub with a Usb 3.0 (Blue) Type B to Type A cable. I also made sure to connect it at the back of my motherboard to a Usb 3.0 port (Blue). But it is identified in windows 10 as "Generic USB hub" i.e., Usb 2.0. How to get it working as a Usb 3.0 hub?

:)

Rohan10, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Winuser Win User

USB 3 Hub

This is my device manager with the USB 3 hub plugged into the front port. This problem only happens when I use the hub on the USB 3 ports in the back. If I plug the drive directly into the back ports they work.

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0? [​IMG]

Winuser, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    USB 3 Hub

It's my experience that the BIOS supports USB 2.0 but for USB 3.0 need drivers installed from the disc that comes with a mother board but then my newest computer was purchased about a month ago and no such disc provided. It has USB 3.0/2.0 combination ports, 2 on front 4 on rear, and they show in Device Manager. A USB 3.0 Hub plugged in shows as Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub, here's a screen show showing Before plugging in the Hub and the Hub plugged in:

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0? [​IMG]

Berton, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?

USB 3 Hub

That screenshot suggests you have 2 USB 3.0/SuperSpeed Hubs.

Berton, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0? - Similar Threads - Amkette USB hub

2. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  3. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  4. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  5. generic usb hub broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    generic usb hub broken: a few days ago now my pc froze up so i restarted it but the generic usbhub adapter seems to have broken so now i can't use my keyboard and mouse or any other usb a or c hardware,i've tried remote accessing but since it's windows home addition there's no way of connecting via...
  6. Generic USB Hub Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic USB Hub Issue: [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for your help! I have an issue where a Generic USB Hub shows up as a mounted USB drive. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the drivers, and ejecting the USB drive. When I attempt to eject the drive, I get an error message....
  7. Generic USB Hub is missing

Generic USB Hub is missing: Hello. I am trying to fix a problem with my USB ports on my laptop. They haven't been working since last weekend. I've been searching my computer for what's wrong with my computer, and I see that my Generic USB device is not showing on Device Manager on my laptop....
  8. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  9. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

in Windows 10 Support
    USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic usb hub is what usb

2. gerneric USB hub for USB 3.0 port

3. amkette usb driver