Windows 10: Among all apps + services, "System" consumes the most data. Any idea how to stop my PC from...

Discus and support Among all apps + services, "System" consumes the most data. Any idea how to stop my PC from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Checked my data usage on settings, reset the stats, connected to the internet for one minute, then not long after "System" already consumed 32 MB,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jameson Gray, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Among all apps + services, "System" consumes the most data. Any idea how to stop my PC from...

Checked my data usage on settings, reset the stats, connected to the internet for one minute, then not long after "System" already consumed 32 MB, while other apps consumed less than 5 MB. I have a very, very limited data plan 1GB, and I don't wanna lose it too soon.I have turned off most of the settings that consumes data sync, updates, onedrive, store.Can I do something? sorry for the low res pic

:)

Jameson Gray, Jul 6, 2021

2. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

Whenever I browse with my laptop, SYSTEM service consume much data which I find difficult to discover its cause of consumption. Please I need help as to what to do to stop this. I have tried everything possible (Metered Connection, Background Apps etc) But
    yet it won't stop. I will appreciate if there is anyone who can help.

Thanks.

TeamScorpion, Jul 6, 2021
  3. TusharT2 Win User
    System consume more data

Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background
    apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window update under services and gpedit.msc but still consume more data .I have also set the wifi property as metered connection

TusharT2, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Among all apps + services, "System" consumes the most data. Any idea how to stop my PC from...

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Among all apps + services, "System" consumes the most data. Any idea how to stop my PC from...

1. Among all apps + services, "System" consumes the most data. Any idea how to stop my PC from... - Similar Threads - Among apps services

2. Any ideas on how to stop my computer from crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any ideas on how to stop my computer from crashing?: My computer keeps crashing. I have two monitors and during a crash the main one will go black, though i will still be able to hear whatever may have been on the screen and the second monitor will stay functional for up to a minute before it follows suit. They then both say...
  3. Any ideas on how to stop my computer from crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any ideas on how to stop my computer from crashing?: My computer keeps crashing. I have two monitors and during a crash the main one will go black, though i will still be able to hear whatever may have been on the screen and the second monitor will stay functional for up to a minute before it follows suit. They then both say...
  4. Any ideas on how to stop my computer from crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i stop Windows 10 from consuming my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i stop Windows 10 from consuming my data?: Please how do I stop Windows 10 from wrecking me financially. I've tried everything I know to stop the Update. I recently created a past question and answers website where students can download past questions in PDF such as WAEC, NECO, JAMB and Post UTME, and School of...
  6. System app consumes much data

System app consumes much data: System app in Microsoft windows 10 is consuming much data. To be precise, it consumes 4 to 5 GB data in a day at least once in a week. All windows update is turnned off for certain days, but still it consumes 4 to 5 GB data on a single day [IMG]...
  7. service host is consuming a lot of data.

service host is consuming a lot of data.: Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also. is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end it without any problem?...
  8. System consume more data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  9. Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service Always Consumes my All Data

Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service Always Consumes my All Data: My windows always consumes all my data always. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-background-intelligent-transfer-service/f47c9a7e-e890-438d-bf76-ccfe9a86dd39
  10. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?: Whenever I browse with my laptop, SYSTEM service consume much data which I find difficult to discover its cause of consumption. Please I need help as to what to do to stop this. I have tried everything possible (Metered Connection, Background Apps etc) But yet it won't stop....