Windows 10: An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?

Discus and support An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Coupla days ago a friend of mine brought her laptop to me, said it "doesn't restart", lol. It just boots into the win8.1 recovery tool. Plugged the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bdrayne, Feb 24, 2020.

1. An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?

Coupla days ago a friend of mine brought her laptop to me, said it "doesn't restart", lol. It just boots into the win8.1 recovery tool.

Plugged the HDD into my desktop, checked it with Victoria, almost perfect condition. She forgot the password, so I plugged my win10 flash and tried to use recovery image.

Nothing. It said that the recovery was successful after around 30 minutes of loading, yet it loaded into the recovery tool once again. Also, I can use only the latest, "critical update" recovery image, the other two just return me to the main menu of the RT.

The question is (if you guys don't have any other suggestions, of course), will it work if I install win10 into the recovery partition (after formatting it) and just delete the windows folder of the old system?

Yeah, modern problems require modern solutions, but I really don't want to copy 250-ish GB onto my precious HDD.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/bdrayne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bdrayne, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Toothless Win User

Question about Win10 and partitions.

An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition? [​IMG]

So I have a partition ready for Win10 but my question is will I still be able to access my other partitions once Win10 is installed? I keep hearing about the "recovery partition won't be able to be used" and I'm wondering if Win10 just doesn't play nice or if I'm good to go.

Toothless, Feb 24, 2020
  3. RadFX Win User
    Win10 Preview install problems

I had that problem when I went to install Win10 preview. I've never had to install the ahci driver for my mobo/SSD in Windows 7 install, but had to for Windows 10. I also used the GPT partition for the record.

RadFX, Feb 24, 2020
  4. An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?

Win10 Preview install problems

Trying to install the Win10 preview. I've created a 50 Gb partition on my primary drive for the install. When I try to install 10, I get a error saying 10 can't be installed on the drive. The drive is of the GPT partition type. From what I've read, I need to convert my drive to a MBR partition type. The only instructions I can find about that involve converting the entire drive, meaning I loose everything on my main drive. Is there a way to convert just the partition I created for the Win10 install to a MBR partition type?

BarbaricSoul, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?

1. An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition? - Similar Threads - absolutely stupid problem

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8: Hi,I have a ASUS ROG laptop which is old but still working.It had Windows 8 as initial OS, then I upgraded it to Windows 10 with Microsoft free upgrade promotion.Yesterday I want to reset it. And it took whole night and stuck somewhere.Now I try to reinstall a windows 10.But...
  5. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions: Hi After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue? I am experiencing freezes and boot problems after the freeze until I remove all the drives. I have 2 other SATA HDD's which were not connected at the time of...
  6. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516
  7. Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?": Since I started using my own computer, there's been the Windows Partition, and this other partition that the Boot Manager refers to as "System Restore." Loading it would take me to a screen telling me that I should press the green button to revert my system back its original...
  8. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...
  9. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...
  10. Can I switch from Win8 x32 to Win10 x64?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I switch from Win8 x32 to Win10 x64?: I've been wanting to switch to x64 to take advantage of the extra RAM I have. I figured an OS upgrade will be a good time to do that. So do I need to install Win8 x64 now to get the Win10 x64 download/upgrade? It would easier to just do a clean install of Win10 x64...