Windows 10: An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes

Discus and support An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Themhbd, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Themhbd Win User

An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window.

I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing was found.

As you might guess, it's super annoying. I can't type a paragraph, something steals the focus. I can close that ghost program by pressing Alt + F4. Please help me out from this annoying disturbance.

:)

Themhbd, Dec 16, 2018
  2. leMecZTec Win User

Windows lose focus

When my Cingular 8125 is connected to my Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine, opened windows randomly lose focus. Whatever application is active will suddenly go inactive, as if I [alt][tab]'d off it. The issue immediately clears up as soon as I disconnect the
    pocket pc. The issue is annoying as I will be typing in some text control, then the app loses focus, then it regains focus and all text in the field automatically highlights and is overwritten with the next keystroke. Any ideas?

BTW, the version of Window Mobile Device Center is current.

leMecZTec, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Active window randomly loses focus

On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft for 15 minutes without the game going ahead and pausing by itself because of this. And before you say it's a Windows issue, this never happened on the computer I'm typing this on (which is the one I did all my other posts on), meaning it's something on the computer.
    Sometimes, the culprit is obvious (and it's McAfee), but most of the time this happens, it's completely out of the blue. This is so annoying. What can I do?

allam447635, Dec 16, 2018
  4. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes

Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds

This focus issue is making it nearly impossible to type anything continually. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds, pausing and not typing what I've typed. I can't live with this- any suggestions?

MaryABuchan, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes

1. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes - Similar Threads - active window lose

2. Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.: Been having an issue in the Clock app with the Focus Timer shutting itself off. I’ll set the timer, and about 5 minutes later it will revert back to the timer set screen. Normal timers work fine—it’s only the Focus timer. I’ve tried it on both my PC specs below and my Surface...
  3. Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.: Been having an issue in the Clock app with the Focus Timer shutting itself off. I’ll set the timer, and about 5 minutes later it will revert back to the timer set screen. Normal timers work fine—it’s only the Focus timer. I’ve tried it on both my PC specs below and my Surface...
  4. Mouse keeps losing focus of active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse keeps losing focus of active window: Getting super annoying, so what's happening for example is if I'm playing league of legends, or browsing the internet, watching youtube etc the window will become unfocused, requiring me to click inside the window again. This is especially annoying while gaming. I've tried...
  5. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  6. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  7. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window. I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing...
  8. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    An active window lose focus unexpectedly after reinstalling Google Chrome: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window. I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing...
  9. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...
  10. 1511 update, lose IPv6 connectivity a few minutes after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1511 update, lose IPv6 connectivity a few minutes after reboot: I've installed the 1511 update (threshold 2) on my desktop computer. It has always worked correctly with my dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 LAN, with both Windows 8 and Windows 10. Now, after the update, it will initially have IPv6 working after I reboot. Then, after a few minutes,...