Windows 10: an administrator has blocked you from running this app

Discus and support an administrator has blocked you from running this app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JackCartoon, Feb 19, 2020.

1. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an administrator has blocked you from running this app,for more information ,contact the administrator"i dont konw whether it could run before the upgrade or not llllll this suitation before i was quite confused. because i am the administrator .so i went to the windows security try to solve this,but i found another problem that in app&browser control it says" this setting is managed by your administrator"

and i've tried servel methods from this community but non of them help

I could reinstall the system but the reason why i dont want to is i have dual system windows10 and linux, i'm afraid reinstallation will probabaly break the grub and i wont be able to boot into the linux you konw the windows manager cant bootstrap linux

any help will be appricated

:)

JackCartoon, Feb 19, 2020
  2. byu1 Win User

an administrator has blocked you from running this app

I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app.

I did some research on web about this error. I tried turned off user control, change user type from administrator to limited. still doing the same.

any suggestions??

3. "An administrator has blocked you from running this app"

Hi Abhinav,

Based on the description that you provided, there are settings that we need to configure to resolve this concern. However, we need to do some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • When did you notice about this issue?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the following:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) and type: net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Press Enter.

Doing the steps above will activate your user as the administrator of the computer. Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Feb 19, 2020
  4. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

Getting "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" error when running McAfee

I have a mcafee and I'm trying to run it on my laptop but it wont run it says 'an administrator has blocked you from running this app'. I got hp laptop windows10 and I'm the admin. I tried some few steps that I found from the forum but it didn't work.

Original subject: administrator block

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

PauletteCardano, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

an administrator has blocked you from running this app

1. an administrator has blocked you from running this app - Similar Threads - administrator has blocked

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  4. An administrator has blocked you from running this app MMC.exe

An administrator has blocked you from running this app MMC.exe: whenever i open device manager,services or any such app its shows an administrator has blocked you from running this app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-administrator-has-blocked-you-from-running-this/c98d0613-421c-425a-a1da-acd18ca14e19
  5. MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app: Recently, out of the blue, I got an error message about "snap in" but I didn't get to read it properly before closing it by accident. After that, I can't seem to start things like Device Manager or Task scheduler please see attached image below. However, if I start a CMD...
  6. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...: Hello, First of all, I have the administrative rights on my windows 10 computer but when I open the Services software on control panel, it says "An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..." when I am an Administrator and I only have one account in my computer....
  7. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I'm trying to run a CD on my desktop but everytime I get the "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I'm the administrator for my desktop so how can I unblock and run this CD installation?...
  8. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..: I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and...
  9. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  10. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...