Windows 10: An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

Discus and support An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichInOregon, Mar 18, 2020.

1. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and run it from there. When I look at the properties for that app, under security it lists my user name with 'special' privileges. In no other app do I see my user name listed as special or administrator. Apparently, Microsoft has closed all it's help desks because they are listed as being available from 0600-0601. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.. ca7d4730-b801-4d69-a0d0-7bebbc87cfd4?upload=true.jpg

:)

RichInOregon, Mar 18, 2020
  2. byu1 Win User

an administrator has blocked you from running this app

I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app.

I did some research on web about this error. I tried turned off user control, change user type from administrator to limited. still doing the same.

any suggestions??

3. "An administrator has blocked you from running this app"

Hi Abhinav,

Based on the description that you provided, there are settings that we need to configure to resolve this concern. However, we need to do some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • When did you notice about this issue?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the following:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) and type: net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Press Enter.

Doing the steps above will activate your user as the administrator of the computer. Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Mar 18, 2020
  4. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

Getting "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" error when running McAfee

I have a mcafee and I'm trying to run it on my laptop but it wont run it says 'an administrator has blocked you from running this app'. I got hp laptop windows10 and I'm the admin. I tried some few steps that I found from the forum but it didn't work.

Original subject: administrator block

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

PauletteCardano, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

1. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.. - Similar Threads - Administrator has blocked

2. User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account Control - "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more...: User Account Control - I am getting this message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator." This is my personal computer. I am the administrator. How do I resolve this issue. The program is a stand alone and...
  3. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an...
  4. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app mmc.exe

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app mmc.exe: Dear Community, Recently, I got an Error which prevents me from opening Device Manager, Computer Managment and etc. [IMG] My Windows 10 Version is Home 1903. I am using HP Laptop but I don't know does it matter. I am the only User(Administrator) in this laptop. But I am...
  5. MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...

MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...: So far I've tried everything I can. I checked for malware, changed the security settings and took ownership of it, but it didn't help. I've disabled smart screen and changed the UAC settings, reset the local security policy to default and chacked in group policy if there are...
  6. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  7. gpedit "This app has been blocked ro your protection" An administrator has blocked you...

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit "This app has been blocked ro your protection" An administrator has blocked you...: We have a few machines that are currently running a Preview Edition of Windows (various builds that end, it appears, in .1000) Some of them have gpedit blocked as in the Subject line here. We need to remove that block even before we change these machines back to a...
  8. An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's: I thought I wanted to install Winows 10 clean for my friend on her laptop. The new media creation tool includes the fall creators update but, I can't install the drivers for it as I get the error " An Administrator has blocked you from running this app" The drivers are...
  9. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...
  10. administrator has blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has blocked: Is there any way to work around this besides logging out then login back in as administrator? "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator." I did this to log in as administrator. “net user administrator...