Windows 10: "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device"

Discus and support "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got this computer yesterday, tried to check my storage and it's all blank with those words in yellow? Can anyone help, has this happened to anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the-cookiemonster, Jan 8, 2020.

1. "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device"

Just got this computer yesterday, tried to check my storage and it's all blank with those words in yellow? Can anyone help, has this happened to anyone before?

submitted by /u/the-cookiemonster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the-cookiemonster, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Bairn_966 Win User

Administrator Storage Service

Administrator ha disabled the Storage Service on this system. How can this be rectified?

The reply button is not functioning and that replies are received under Junk, making it impossible to make any further contact.

Bairn_966, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 8, 2020
  4. "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device"

Can't disable playback devices

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the make and model of your computer and any prior changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to Update the driver software under
      Driver
      tab.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the playback devices on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

"An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device"

1. "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device" - Similar Threads - Administrator has disabled

2. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  3. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  4. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...: I am trying to install .net 4.8 on my 2012R2 server and getting the following error:The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it What i did so far:-Enable Windows Update service-Enable .net framework 3.5 and 4.5...
  6. The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...: I am trying to install .net 4.8 on my 2012R2 server and getting the following error:The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it What i did so far:-Enable Windows Update service-Enable .net framework 3.5 and 4.5...
  7. Administrator. Your Account has been disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator. Your Account has been disabled: I have reset my daughters Lenovo laptop, but now i am getting an error message that won't let me get passed this screen. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-your-account-has-been-disabled/ffce44aa-ea17-400c-8537-e0d8a72b18ba
  8. "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...: This message pop up everytime i tried to open any microsoft office file related. I have followed every single method out there on microsoft forum but my problem still exist. This seems like to happen after I updated my windows yesterday. I have been trying to solve this for...
  9. Administrator Storage Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Administrator Storage Service: Administrator ha disabled the Storage Service on this system. How can this be rectified? The reply button is not functioning and that replies are received under Junk, making it impossible to make any further contact....
  10. Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices: Prevent users from writing or reading files and folders for a removable drive. Code: @Echo Off & Cls net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb Runas & exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=70 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an administrator has disabled the storage service on this system

2. an administrator has disabled storage service

3. an administrator has disabled storage service on this system

4. storage service disabled or enabled,
  5. soluttion to an administer has disabled the storage service on this system,
  6. an administrator has disabled the storages service on this system,
  7. an administrator has turned off storage service,
  8. Adminstrator disable storage system,
  9. administrstor has disabled storage sense,
  10. an administrator has disabled storage service on this system safemode,
  11. an administrator has disabled the storage service on this system reddit,
  12. ارور ویندوز ۱۰ an administrator has disabled the storage service on this system ,
  13. an administrator has disabled storage sense,
  14. an administrator has disabled the storage device,
  15. An administrator has disabled the Storage service on this system Windows 10