Windows 10: An alternative virtual desktop

Discus and support An alternative virtual desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'd just like to reccommend my (free) software to you: Desktop Panorama - a free virtual desktop for Windows 10 It's a panoramic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hdagelic, Mar 2, 2016.

1. hdagelic Win User

An alternative virtual desktop

hdagelic, Mar 2, 2016

2. Different screen resolutions in virtual desktop windows 10

Original title: Different screen resolutions in virtual desktop

.I have a financial programme that will only run at low resolution.

Can I have a virtual desktop screen at this lower resolution with main screen at a higher resolution?

Alternatively can I link screen resolution to this programme so that it auto reduces when I open it and reverts to standard when i close it?

Stuart Hill, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Memoryoke Win User
    Why do we need Windows 10 multiple desktops?

There is a lot of buzz around Windows 10 virtual desktops, but I can't fully see the point. One thing that I would like to do is drag a file from a folder on one desktop to a folder on another desktop, or into an upload window, but that sort of thing doesn't
    seem possible. Alternatively, having the second virtual desktop like a second screen so you could mouse directly left or right onto the second screen, and since no physical screen is there, I would imagine the desktop scrolling across to the virtual area,
    effectively doubling or tripling your desktop real estate (all be it seen through a limited physical "window"). That is what I do when I have s second screen set up!

So, my question is what actual workflow scenarios would the virtual desktops be useful for, that we don't get when using Alt+Tab or even just clicking the open programs on the task bar? Particularly with video/photo editing, internet research
    and writing, admin tasks, and excel...

Many thanks, community!

Memoryoke, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

An alternative virtual desktop

1. An alternative virtual desktop - Similar Threads - alternative virtual desktop

2. 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?: The windows 10 virtual desktop is driving me crazy. If I have a word doc open in desktop 1 and open another word doc in desktop 2, the new doc automatically opens in desktop 1. IK then have to go to the control pane, find the doc, and move it to the appropriate desktop. This...
  3. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  4. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  5. virtual desktops

virtual desktops: I want to use a virtual desktop for some of my apps that I currently have on my main desktop. I do not know how to move the apps from the main desktop to the virtual one. Please help....
  6. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I have created more than 13 000 virtual desktops (don't ask how and why, because I can), and my computer works slow. How can I close all this desktops in one click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-desktops/6b930387-6d82-4d5b-8580-1e84356b20c1
  7. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  9. Alternates for Save in Virtual Machine Connection application

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Alternates for Save in Virtual Machine Connection application: Any thoughts on this one..... I connect to my VM's using RDP, and the workstation using RDP does not have Hyper-V installed. From this workstation, I'd like to have a quick option to Save then shutdown or perhaps even take a Checkpoint, both of which are available in the...
  10. Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop: Hi, please forgive me if this has already been asked, I have run a search on "Virtual Desktop" but found almost 2000 results. If I have 2 virtual desktops VD1 and VD2 for explanation sake. I have various items open on both VD1 and VD2, VD1 is a project I'm working on...