Windows 10: An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...

Discus and support An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer, I get an annoying photo not of my choice come onto the screen before I sign in. How do I get rid of it and replace it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatDenton, Sep 8, 2019.

1. PatDenton Win User

An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...

When I turn on my computer, I get an annoying photo not of my choice come onto the screen before I sign in. How do I get rid of it and replace it with a photo of my choosing from my pictures folder?

:)

PatDenton, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

sign in picture

Hi Kenneth,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change your profile picture on sign-in screen in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key, then click your account at the top of
      Start menu.
    • Click Change account settings.
    • Under your account name, you will see a circle then click the Browse button to choose a photo you want to set as profile picture.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 8, 2019
  4. An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...

Unable to Locate Pictures and Desk-top Icons after the Windows 10 'Upgrade'

After the Windows 10 update performed a lobotomy on my desk-top computer, I cannot find the thousands of pictures on my hard-drive when I click on "Pictures" on "This PC". How can I recover them? Also, there were dozens of documents on my desk-top before
    the lobotomy- they are now gone. How do I recover them and replace them on my desk-top? Please help! Thank you!

Dr.JohnPatella, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...

1. An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen... - Similar Threads - annoying picture pops

2. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  3. Annoying pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop-up: I keep getting an annoying pop-up asking me to activate my Norton license with an activation code. The pop-up is apparently sent by Microsoft Edge.singaporelocalfavourites.com The bigger problem is that the same sender keeps sending me pop-ups asking me to sign on for some...
  4. signing into my desk top initially

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing into my desk top initially: i have forgotten the initial password to sign into my dell/acer computer can you help or will I have to find someone to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-into-my-desk-top-initially/4735e0fc-4211-4bba-afa6-858f66e92510
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  6. Annoying pop-ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying pop-ups: How can I stop the pop-up that occurs when my curser touches a link in my mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-ups/5b104e5b-ac3e-4218-8c70-8132729a0515
  7. Desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  8. I wish to save my pictures

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I wish to save my pictures: I have problems with my Dell which I believe can be solved only by wiping and re install. or so Dell tells me Is there a way a stupid man can download his pics to a disc or whatever and reinstall later? I have pictures in Pictures Fotoroom Downloads and Canon whatever....
  9. annoying pop up

in Browsers and Email
    annoying pop up: [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop...
  10. Annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop-up: After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it. If only MS added some text to the...