Windows 10: An App I used all the time decided to suddenly not work. UWP

Discus and support An App I used all the time decided to suddenly not work. UWP in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The video explains it all. https://reddit.com/link/i9uhh5/video/eonvycrpa1h51/player submitted by /u/Drywipes [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drywipes, Aug 14, 2020.

1. An App I used all the time decided to suddenly not work. UWP

/u/Drywipes, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Coresual Win User

Working around the Network Loopback Isolation of UWP Apps

I've been hitting a blockage trying to get my UWP App to receive data from a local UDP port in the following scenario:

• Windows 10 | Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    • UWP target and minimum Version 10.0.16299
    • Declared capabilities :
      • Internet (Client & Server)
      • Internet (Client)
    • UdpClient listening on 127.0.0.1:1234
    • Tested on two different systems in different networks with the same resulting behaviour

I am aware of the CheckNetIsolation tool and already tried the following steps multiple times:

• Ensuring that the App is registered while running with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -s
    • Clearing all exemptions with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -c and manually adding the App with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -a -n=*Package Family Name*
    • Running the App while all restrictions are cleared with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -c

I am running my App from Visual Studio, awaiting for UdpClient.ReceiveAsync() to return something in a while loop.

My code works fine when i use it from a .Net Framework 4.7.2 Console App, so i can exclude any errors interfering on that end.

The only thing that lets me receive data in my UWP App is running CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -is -n=*Package Family Name*. As soon as i stop it from running, my UDP client stops receiving aata.

Sadly, the solution i found and other tools that redirect communication so that they appear to be sent by another source are not possible due to different contraints.

Coresual, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Issues with using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage to provision UWP app

I am currently trying to manage installation a line of business UWP application on a series of client machines. I need to make sure that the application is installed for any user that signs into windows on a particular machine. To do this I am copying the APPX file of the UWP app to a provisioning directory, and using this command to provision the application:

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\myapp-provision -SkipLicense.

The application installs fine for users some/most of the time. However, I am running into a couple of issues fairly consistatnly.

1. Sometimes, after provisioning a new version of the application, when a new user signs into windows, they still see the previous version of the application installed.
    2. Sometimes, after provisioning the application for the first time, when a new user signs into windows and searches for the app in the start menu, they get no results.

Both of these issues can be resolved by going to Apps & Features, searching for the application in list, selecting Advanced Options on the app, and then selecting reset.

This is an ok fix for the short term, but long term, I cant rely on users to always be aware that they may need to reset the app before using it.

Is there a better way I can go about getting this application installed for all users? Are there additional steps I am missing?

Caleb Powell, Aug 14, 2020
  4. An App I used all the time decided to suddenly not work. UWP

UWP app live tiles not working

I did what you suggested, but after a while the tiles went to solid colors again.

ConradoCane, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

An App I used all the time decided to suddenly not work. UWP

1. An App I used all the time decided to suddenly not work. UWP - Similar Threads - App used decided

2. All UWP Application not working after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All UWP Application not working after reset: Hi,I recently reset my Windows 10 laptop and after the reset, all UWP app Ie including Microsoft Store, Calculator, Calendar doesn't work.I did the reset on 2nd December.I tried some solution that I found online but to no avail. Solution that I had tried but...
  3. All UWP Application not working after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All UWP Application not working after reset: Hi,I recently reset my Windows 10 laptop and after the reset, all UWP app Ie including Microsoft Store, Calculator, Calendar doesn't work.I did the reset on 2nd December.I tried some solution that I found online but to no avail. Solution that I had tried but...
  4. Is there anyone still working on UWP apps?

Is there anyone still working on UWP apps?: Is there anyone still working on UWP apps?Is there any future for UWP apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anyone-still-working-on-uwp-apps/d629e267-f646-431c-ad45-9724d7d02756
  5. Can't use Uwp apps :

Can't use Uwp apps :: Everytime I want to open up a Windows 10 uwp app this pops up. Everytime I open up a Windows 8.1 uwp app it just immorality closes after 2 seconds of being opened. I've tried everything from dcim, sfc, troubleshooter, resetting the apps. I officially think the account is...
  6. Windows UWP Apps aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows UWP Apps aren't working: Windows UWP Apps such as files from the microsoft store aren't working I tried changing the permissions but that didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-uwp-apps-arent-working/3736903f-2444-4b69-895c-6db9d71e7a1d
  7. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  8. Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/: Hello i am having an issue running a couple of old games. I have Windows 10 Home and fully up to date with updates. These games are Blitzkrieg Rolling Thunder Gold Edition and Mission Kursk. I have the discs and dont need a code. They both downloaded with no problem and...
  9. I have been using YTD download app for some time, then all of a sudden Windows10 defender says

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been using YTD download app for some time, then all of a sudden Windows10 defender says: I have been using YTD download app for some time, then all of a sudden Windows10 defender says this app has a virus and deleted the YTD.exe file. I can download the app again but once the down load is completed, Windows defender tells me the file has a virus and promptly...
  10. Is there a way to reinstall all the uwp apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to reinstall all the uwp apps: I'm not asking for some PowerShell commands, I'm asking to reinstall the entire UWP apps as a windows iso fresh install does I deleted WindowsApps folder, how can I bring it back without files recovery softwares?...