Windows 10: An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders?

Discus and support An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was just wondering if there is an app that exists that allows you to show all your selected folders or drives and their file content but without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chumbo, May 22, 2017.

1. chumbo Win User

An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders?

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there is an app that exists that allows you to show all your selected folders or drives and their file content but without them actually being really there?!
    It's hard to explain...I want to be able to have an ultra-light portable version of my drives but only to verify it's content not to actually be able to open or execute any files in the drives.

If I explain my workaround you'll maybe better understand. For now, the only way I've found to do what I'm trying to do is to use Nero: As if I was going to burn a CD/DVD, I created an impossible and absurd compilation with an entire drive of 3Tb!! I'll then save that Nero compilation file and end up with a .nru file of +-500Mb that allows me to browse folders and files of my entire drive, even if the drive is not physically present. Nero will then show an 'x' next to each and every file to indicate they are not present but that's the whole point of what I'm trying to achieve! To be able to see the files and folders even if I'm away from the PC that has that drive. I just carry a portablized version of Nero and that 500Mb .nru file on a USB stick and I can browse that disk anytime, anywhere.

I'm looking obviously for a much slicker and flexible approach than this of course. Something that would maybe even do automatic backups but more importantly, to be able to compare several backups and workout the missing or newer files.
    Thanks!

:)

chumbo, May 22, 2017

2. Has anyone had an APP that displays Facebook status to some of their Friends as if its been typed twice?

Whatever APP a Friend is using on his Samsung tablet for these things that he keeps posting is messed up and it displays it as it he'd typed the same thing twice on each one. Here's a PrintScreen of this one that I just took and then cropped your name &
    the m.facebook.com site link box off of before I used it here.

What's weird is that the next time I look at the same meme, it is displayed correctly. So I don't know if the problem is on your phone or maybe it is on mine somehow?

I'm one of the weirdoes that uses a Windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia 635 phone and not an Android or iPhone or I use my DELL desktop pc.
    I don't use the Facebook APP. I use Facebook via m.facebook.com on my phone's Internet Explorer.

So I can't find anything like that row of dots that you say can add a border or change the color.

I just use a Windows phone so that it syncs all of the Contacts, the Calendar and other stuff.

Here's what I see when I'm about to post something.

Here's a sample as it originally is displayed and then the next one is what I see after I tap Comment:

An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders? [​IMG]

Somehow it fixes itself when I tap the Comment link and it moves off of my News Feed page to a that only has their posting on it. Here's that:

An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders? [​IMG]

Jeff A. Davis, May 22, 2017
  3. BenCarew Win User
    Issues with projecting the display.

Hi,

I'm not running any virtual machines. By virtual display I mean in the display settings there are 3 boxes representing displays, but I have only plugged in one via HDMI and have the laptop display itself. The HDMI identifies as screen 3 and laptop is 1.
    2 is nothing but is therein the settings. I can only duplicate 1&2, not 1&3.

BenCarew, May 22, 2017
Thema:

An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders?

1. An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders? - Similar Threads - App displays 'virtual'

2. Virtualization Error in Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Error in Apps: im facing errors while using WSAA13 and Bluestacks 5A9/11 both of these require Hyper-V/Virtualization and if i enable Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform in Windows Features, WSA works fine and if disabled bluestacks works fine but, Both are x86_64 or...
  3. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  4. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  5. Folder file icon display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder file icon display: In Windows 7 all my pdf and jpg folder icons used to show as a picture of the first page. Since moving to MS10 they don't, how to I change this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-file-icon-display/50ae1ec9-d9d7-4289-b595-7529f0353766
  6. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did...
  7. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...
  8. Virtualized folder remains

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualized folder remains: How do I remove my old Win 7 Users directory? Like: D:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\shellext Win 7 is already gone (I'm basically just cleaning out my old disk). MS is very aggressively...
  9. Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder: I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail. This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in...
  10. Folder/file name display mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder/file name display mode: Hi, With anniversary update microsoft showed another fine art of its genius developers by changing the folders name display from center aligned to left aligned was a bad change, from initial windows 95, it was center aligned, i hoped to fix it by installing all 4 updates...