Windows 10: "An app was reset" - Which one?

Discus and support "An app was reset" - Which one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A windows 10 enforced update occurred on my system and when it rebooted, I got a pop up window saying that "an app was reset", but there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DH_BO, Nov 23, 2020.

1. DH_BO Win User

"An app was reset" - Which one?

A windows 10 enforced update occurred on my system and when it rebooted, I got a pop up window saying that "an app was reset", but there was no indication of which one.

How do I get Windows 10 to show me which app was reset?

:)

DH_BO, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Resetting the Photos App

Hi Michael,

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start menu > Type Apps & features.
    • Select the app that you want to reset in the list of all the installed apps.
    • Click the Advanced Options link under the application's name.
    • Tap the Reset button to reset an app's settings.
    • A confirmation message will pop up. Click Reset button to confirm you want to clear the app's data.

Let us how it goes.

Karla Alm, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. "An app was reset" - Which one? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 23, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. "An app was reset" - Which one? - Similar Threads - app was reset

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  4. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to identify which apps will be uninstalled for all accounts in the pc and which ones...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to identify which apps will be uninstalled for all accounts in the pc and which ones...: I need to uninstall as many apps as possible from my Admin account before I do the next backup. I don't really use her computer anymore so I no longer need to have many of those apps. Unfortunately my daughter uses some of those apps, and some - not all - were uninstalled in...
  6. Which App ?

Which App ?: Just got Oct. 2020 update, and now get a notification "An App Default was reset". I click the setting icon in the notification and screen navigates to Windows Setting. I see a suggestion to sign in to One Drive, but I don't use One Drive. What if I prefer a setting other...
  7. Which one is better?

Which one is better?: I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 and I tried to update it to latest version from windows 10 upgrade assistant. After downloading 99% it is restarting from 1%. I tried it 2 times but it was same. So I decided to update it from setting Will it update successfully or not?...
  8. Background Apps -- Which One's Should I have Turned On?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background Apps -- Which One's Should I have Turned On?: I am trying to speed up my computer. To that extent, I want to turn off as many background apps as I can. Obviously, though, I can't turn them all off. So I am wondering, which background apps are 'crucial'. My particular uses are rather limited -- Programming (vscode),...
  9. Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay

Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay: I don't play games Have separate tools to view/edit images and videos and for taking notes. Use Outlook 2016 Don't use Skype am thinking of removing the yellow marked apps. Is there a chance of running into issues some time in future? Probably not, but better safe than...
  10. Which one of these apps are useful and i should not remove?

Which one of these apps are useful and i should not remove?: Hello guys. I am preparing a windows 10 ISO by using MSMG ToolKit v7.1​ I havent used windows 10 yet so i dont know some of these apps and what they do Here what i am planning and my questions. Do you think i should chance any of the below decisions? [A] Microsoft...