Windows 10: An apparent bug in the new "Word"

Discus and support An apparent bug in the new "Word" in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; After installing the new "Microsoft Office 365" I'm having a problem with the new version of Word. The "Page Number" and "Line Number" indicators in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Dragon Drop, Apr 5, 2020.

1. An apparent bug in the new "Word"

After installing the new "Microsoft Office 365" I'm having a problem with the new version of Word. The "Page Number" and "Line Number" indicators in the "Status Bar" (lower left corner of screen) are not displaying correctly. (This is in "Print Layout" view, which is the mode that I always use.)

This document actually has 179 pages, so it should say "Page 165 of 179". And the line number should be 45. As you can see, both numbers are being "chopped off" by some invisible boundaries that are being set in the wrong places.

I've gone through all the "Word Options" settings without finding anything that will correct this.

(Note: I'm still using Windows 8.1 at present, but I'm also posting this here because I think Windows 10 users are more likely to have answers about newly-released software.)

An apparent bug in the new "Word" [​IMG]

:)

Dragon Drop, Apr 5, 2020

2. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 5, 2020
  3. Steven Win User
    Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

An apparent bug in the new "Word"

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

An apparent bug in the new "Word"

1. An apparent bug in the new "Word" - Similar Threads - apparent bug Word

2. A bug with a new update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A bug with a new update?: Since the beginning of this month, I have started having an issue where my computer decides it wants to shut down on its own. I am pretty sure it's nothing hardware, as when it goes to shut down, it does it the correct way asking me to save my work, and certain things won't...
  3. New Removable Disks showing for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Removable Disks showing for no apparent reason: Hi, my computer has suddenly begun showing Removable Disks F:, G: and H: in File Explorer, which were not previously there, after my last restart. I have not plugged in any new devices, these have appeared randomly. They all appear to be empty, as clicking on any of them...
  4. Windows Update apparent bugs introduced with Windows 10 20H2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update apparent bugs introduced with Windows 10 20H2.: So, now, Windows Update displays the following messages: *Some settings are managed by your organization "You're not up to date / Last checked: 6:14 AM" [that was a few minutes ago] Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.I had had...
  5. Apparent bug in environment variables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apparent bug in environment variables: so the environment variable %programfiles% points to c:\program files and when you do c:\>cd %programfiles% you go to c:\>Program Files> and the environment variable %onedrive% points to c:\users\username\onedrive - our organisation name with lots of spaces in and...
  6. A new Windows bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A new Windows bug: Hey! Whenever I open an app and click the arrow keys on the keyboard, the mouse moves along with the key actions. We need a quick fix to this. It's really frustrating for me!! I will be uploading a screen-recording to show how the bug works. Joe13 B- 2.0...
  7. Apparent bug in SysInternals Contig v1.8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apparent bug in SysInternals Contig v1.8: I can't find a SysInternals forum online. If this is not the right place to post this, please direct me elsewhere. There is an apparent bug in Contig v1.8. In some cases, "contig -s -v <filespec>" will not use the last block of free space on a volume. In other cases, it...
  8. New graphics card is apparently dying.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card is apparently dying.: Now this is a surprise. Looks like this GeForce GT 730 really was defective after all. I was playing a little with Mac OS X, then due to chipset compatibilty problems i decided to go back to Windows 10. It was finishing installing, so i left the PC alone... When i...
  9. A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?

in Windows 10 Support
    A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?: After installing AU 1607 and having a heck of a time trying to get Logitech's Setpoint 6.67.83 to install and get my TRB-22 to work - never did (see posts on Drivers and Hardware), I now had an interesting incident which may be or not be related to the AU install. Woke...
  10. Word 2010 bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2010 bug: For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop. I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system down, but I updated to v.40 beta and that's gone. I do still have an issue with Word 2010. Whenever I try to work on the...