Windows 10: An application caused a problem with the default application...

Discus and support An application caused a problem with the default application... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hijin25, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Hijin25 Win User

An application caused a problem with the default application...

Greetings.

I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared:

"an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..."

It has appeared to me 2 times, once for PDF files and once for HTML files.

Any idea why these notifications?Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Windows 10 pro 64 bits 20H2

:)

Hijin25, Oct 25, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile An application caused a problem with the default application... :)

WojtasRed, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    KB3197954 causing application start error 0xc22

To further help you with your issue,
    follow the troubleshooting
    methods below:

Method 1: Clean boot the system

To check if there isn't any 3rd party software conflict, i.e., if any 3rd party application or startup item is causing
    the issue, you may try to clean boot the system and check for the issue. To perform a clean boot, refer to this

link

Note:
    Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: SFC scan

We also suggest you to scan your system with the System file checker to resolve any corruption with the program
    files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Start, click
      All Programs
      and open
      Accessories.

• Right-click on
      Command Prompt
      in the Program list and then select
      Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for
      confirmation, type your password, or click OK.

• In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For further reference, refer to this

link

Method 3:

We also suggest you to check if there is any application called "CA
    Internet Suite" installed in your system. If you find such an application, follow these steps to uninstall the application:

• Open
      Programs and Features
      by clicking the
      Start
      button, click
      Control Panel, go to
      Programsand then click
      Programs and Features.

• Select the program, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
      type the password or provide confirmation.

Let
    us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Oct 25, 2020
  4. GFR
    gfr Win User

Default Applications

When I try to choose default applications by file type, WinAmp is not an option.

How do I associate WinAmp to mp3?

Thanks!

Vers. 1909

An application caused a problem with the default application... [​IMG]

Thema:

1. An application caused a problem with the default application... - Similar Threads - application caused problem

2. DEFAULT APPLICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEFAULT APPLICATION: Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application/2a6d6d5c-b761-4da1-86c3-7ec5bc1b53fe
  3. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  4. Default Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Applications: When I try to choose default applications by file type, WinAmp is not an option. How do I associate WinAmp to mp3? Thanks! Vers. 1909 [img] 165806
  5. Change Default Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Application: How do I change the default application that opens a particular file type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-application/76b98b25-e3f7-4485-bc93-e7c90d629275
  6. setting email default application

setting email default application: Using Windows 10 with Brother MFC-J680DW printer/scanner and cannot set default email application. I've tried multiple suggestions and google to no avail. I use a gmail account for email....
  7. default application issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default application issue: some default applications like photos ,mail and microsoft store are not starting. what can i do to repair them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application-issue/9b8646c5-bb50-4eb3-842a-f5d1f3fdd88d
  8. Default applications - not changing

Default applications - not changing: Default applications are not changing in app properties, but in the windows default app settings they are being saved. However, the files still open with their default assigned apps, which is usually not set....
  9. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...
  10. Mail and Calendar default application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar default application: In default application, mail and calendar apps does not show default app. It shows add button. When I try to add, it shows no app is installed. But Microsoft mail and calendar app is installed. How to go about it. 7790