Windows 10: an auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop!!!

Discus and support an auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop. It's like it reset back to a factory set up. Why would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomascoleman8, Mar 25, 2021.

1. an auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop!!!

auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop. It's like it reset back to a factory set up.

Why would Microsoft update do that?

How does Microsoft restore everything back i.e software & files to my laptop?

:)

thomascoleman8, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

an auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop!!!

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

an auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop!!!

1. an auto windows 10 home update & reconfiguration wiped software & files and from my laptop!!! - Similar Threads - auto home update

2. windows update that wipes my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update that wipes my laptop: I'm hating windows more every day. now it automatically "updates" my laptop, and in the course wipes off all the data and programs. then, when I try to get things back as they were, I'm not allowed any browser but the Edge, named after the musician that tried to massacre...
  3. Windows 10 is about to be "reconfigured" on my laptop!

Windows 10 is about to be "reconfigured" on my laptop!: In September 2019 I purchased Microsoft Office 2019, so why is Microsoft messaging me that it's about to "reconfigure" my laptop as it's "old hat" and needs help. Why is this happening?...
  4. Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings: I turned on my PC this morning and everything on my account was gone. There were a few updates showing that needed a restart to complete I found these after starting up and noticing everything was wiped clean on my desktop. I tried running the restart to complete these...
  5. windows update wiped my data from my laptop

windows update wiped my data from my laptop: My laptop was updated and all of my data, apps and information was wiped. I am a student and 7 months worth of university work gone!! Why has it done this? It has not only happened once but three times now!! Why? And it did this without asking. I cannot rely on my laptop...
  6. Windows update wiped my whole laptop

Windows update wiped my whole laptop: The latest Windows 10 update seemed to crash while in progress and wiped everything off my laptop including downloaded software (like FL studio) and every file/document. I've tried recovering things using windows.old and data recovery options (like EaseUS) but this hasn't...
  7. Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates

Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates: I have a Windows 10 OS on a desktop that I have a remote location. The only internet service is Hughs Satellite with a 425mb limit data daily. With auto updates that I can not control, these updates shut me down. I bring the desktop home to do the updates, but as soon as I...
  8. windows 10 update wiped laptop clean

windows 10 update wiped laptop clean: how is it that your latest window 10 update can totally wipe all my documents, data ,photos, videos, even stuff stored in the cloud?? after quick research it appears this has been happening since 2017 and still in 2019. Also why did my system revert to US. format I pay a lot...
  9. Windows 10 performed an auto update and wiped my HDD

Windows 10 performed an auto update and wiped my HDD: I shut down my computer a few days ago and went to bed. The next morning the computer sat on the windows logo with rotating dots on startup for an hour. I shut it down, cleared cmos, reverted bios to default, and tried again. The same thing happened. I tried again and it said...
  10. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to wipe files completely from laptop?: I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just axcrypt to encrypt it. However, how do i delete all these files without any trace on computer? Do i just press delete, recycle...