Windows 10: An automatic malicious download on laptop without notifying the user

Discus and support An automatic malicious download on laptop without notifying the user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I just want to ask about these malicious download on my laptop. Specifically speaking, it automatically download without notifying. However, with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sung Jin Woo, Aug 2, 2021.

1. An automatic malicious download on laptop without notifying the user

Hi! I just want to ask about these malicious download on my laptop. Specifically speaking, it automatically download without notifying. However, with the use of kaspersky I was able to know that there is a malicious things that keeps downloading on my laptop without notifying me as the user. And the application name of these virus or whatsoever is msedge.exe. having a site name http://omnatuor.com/event. can someone tell me what it is? and also can the Microsoft windows defender or firewall remove it? especially if I am going to uninstall my kaspersky?

:)

Sung Jin Woo, Aug 2, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Recovery media after Windows 10 upgrade (HP laptop)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to disable UAC prompt by following the steps provided below and check or status:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

An automatic malicious download on laptop without notifying the user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

An automatic malicious download on laptop without notifying the user

1. An automatic malicious download on laptop without notifying the user - Similar Threads - automatic malicious download

2. Email changed by malicious user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email changed by malicious user: Hello, I received an email today stating that my login email had been changed. I then received another email saying that all of the security info for my proper one has been deleted. What should I do?...
  3. Email changed by malicious user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email changed by malicious user: Hello, I received an email today stating that my login email had been changed. I then received another email saying that all of the security info for my proper one has been deleted. What should I do?...
  4. Email changed by malicious user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. users notified when their mailboxes are shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users notified when their mailboxes are shared: users notified when their mailboxes are sharedFrom a government regulation and privacy regulation how can we set it so that when a users mailbox is shared in office 365 that the user has the option to be notified. Currently o365 and azure are stuck on their fixed lists and...
  6. users notified when their mailboxes are shared

users notified when their mailboxes are shared: users notified when their mailboxes are sharedFrom a government regulation and privacy regulation how can we set it so that when a users mailbox is shared in office 365 that the user has the option to be notified. Currently o365 and azure are stuck on their fixed lists and...
  7. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  8. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  9. "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT: Recently did a fresh install of Win10 Spring update.I'm accustomed to using option (2) in Group Policy Editor which lets Windows notify me to download updates and notify me to install them once downloaded. However, this no longer seems to be an option as the only thing i can...
  10. Notify Before Downloading?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notify Before Downloading?: Hi is there anyway of Making Win 10 notify you before downloading & installing updates? Appreciate any help Thx 47792