Windows 10: an closed iCloud email address is causing havoc with my Microsoft account

Discus and support an closed iCloud email address is causing havoc with my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I unfortunately paid for my subscription with new email address and thus causing my iCloud email to be discontinued but it is still being used by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MerleLove, Nov 28, 2020.

1. MerleLove Win User

an closed iCloud email address is causing havoc with my Microsoft account

I unfortunately paid for my subscription with new email address and thus causing my iCloud email to be discontinued but it is still being used by Microsoft to send codes to but I cannot access them I also cannot access One Drive or Microsoft Store

:)

MerleLove, Nov 28, 2020

2. Can't setup iCloud account in the People app

I am trying to add my iCloud account to the People app in Windows 10 (Fall Creator's Edition).

My steps:

1. I start the People app and click Add Accounts.
    2. I select iCloud from the list. For email address, I enter my login email address for iCloud. For Send your messages..., I enter my name. And then the iCloud password. And then click Sign in.
    3. It says Your account was setup successfully, but then when I dismiss the dialog, it says
      an closed iCloud email address is causing havoc with my Microsoft account YqVPy.png

What am I missing? Why does it not connect?

an closed iCloud email address is causing havoc with my Microsoft account CYbS7.png

AngryHacker, Nov 28, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Ceresia Win User

iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address

I have switched to Windows 10 for mail and calendars as Outlook was taking too long to load. I have set up my gmail account for mail and all is working fine. However I use iCloud for my calendars and want to see my iCloud calendars in Windows 10.

However I am having problems setting up my iCloud account in Windows 10. I enter the relevant details but the "looking for your settings" process never completes. Could this be because I use the same email address for Gmail and my Apple ID?

I suspect I'm making a basic error but would welcome any suggestions. Thank you.

Ceresia, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. an closed iCloud email address is causing havoc with my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - closed iCloud email

2. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  3. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  4. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  5. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the email address on my Microsoft Account: I added a new 2nd account on my Microsoft Account under the 2nd category: Email & Accounts, to try to change my email address so it would be correct. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to do this my myself, but the instructions in Support Microsoft just kept going...
  7. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the email address on my Microsoft Account: I added a new 2nd account on my Microsoft Account under the 2nd category: Email & Accounts, to try to change my email address so it would be correct. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to do this my myself, but the instructions in Support Microsoft just kept going...
  8. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  10. Microsoft account with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...