Windows 10: An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

Discus and support An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am on build 1909. I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions: The process for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chasfh, Apr 18, 2020.

1. chasfh Win User

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

I am on build 1909.

I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions:

• The process for adding tags (right click on file, click properties, click details, navigate to tags, start typing) is a little cumbersome when talking about thousands of files. It's a lot of mouse movement and clicking. Is there an easy, basically one-click method to managing tags? Perhaps a keyboard or other shortcut, or an app that open the tag function in one click, something like that?
    • Is there any way of copying just the tag information from one file to another?
    I have googled around and am coming up dry, so I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would ask in here because who knows, maybe someone knows of something quick and easy.

Thanks.

:)

chasfh, Apr 18, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 18, 2020
  4. An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

1. An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files? - Similar Threads - East Add Copy

2. What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?: I tried to just put them in the video title but i run out of room. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/FinancialJello4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8w1th/what_is_the_best_way_to_add_tags_to_videos_on_my/
  3. Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?: I'm a long-time MacOS power user who has decided to give Windows 10 a try for a number of reasons, one of them is that Apple has done a very poor job of putting out compelling hardware for the last couple of years. I made good use of tags in MacOS, but I'm finding it...
  4. Middle East

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Middle East: my issue is y is it okay for microsoft company and the rest of the word to not care about what is going on in the middle east. People here actually download from computer shop windows and other applications for free crack and stuff. In USA or other European countries is...
  5. Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer.: I would like to be able to tag my files using Windows 10 Explorer. It appears from posts that other people are having this problem. In Windows 10 Explorer, I right click the file, then choose Properties/ Details. There is a tag option for Word and Excel, but not for pdfs....
  6. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...
  7. manage photo tags

manage photo tags: How do I edit spelling of photo tags and delete unwanted ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-photo-tags/41c92d35-8ee3-4207-bfb9-fe83b0f88eaa
  8. file tagging

file tagging: How do you tag files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tagging/3d876677-2bc6-46b5-b0a1-ddbd6fa1515a"
  9. How do I add tags to files?

How do I add tags to files?: It used to be that I could go to the files Properties > Details tab >Tags. Can I add tags anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-tags-to-files/276c3fad-1d91-4aff-95ce-efe0def99309"
  10. Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way: Hello. I have some .mp4 videos that I would like to clear the tags in the properties, and do things like adding my own rating and title. However, I cannot do this. I tried the usual: selected properties -> details -> clicked on Remove properties and personal information AND...