Windows 10: An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

Discus and support An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am on build 1909. I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions: The process for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chasfh, Apr 18, 2020.

1. chasfh Win User

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

I am on build 1909.

I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions:

• The process for adding tags (right click on file, click properties, click details, navigate to tags, start typing) is a little cumbersome when talking about thousands of files. It's a lot of mouse movement and clicking. Is there an easy, basically one-click method to managing tags? Perhaps a keyboard or other shortcut, or an app that open the tag function in one click, something like that?
    • Is there any way of copying just the tag information from one file to another?
    I have googled around and am coming up dry, so I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would ask in here because who knows, maybe someone knows of something quick and easy.

Thanks.

:)

chasfh, Apr 18, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 18, 2020
  4. An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

1. An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files? - Similar Threads - East Add Copy

2. add tags to mkv

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    add tags to mkv: hi..i've been facing a problem...i want to organize some files...and when i want to add tags to mkv files...the option "tags" in details tab doesn't work for me and cant add o edit anything in detail tab...
  3. add tags to mkv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add tags to mkv: hi..i've been facing a problem...i want to organize some files...and when i want to add tags to mkv files...the option "tags" in details tab doesn't work for me and cant add o edit anything in detail tab...
  4. add tags to mkv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't add tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add tags: I downloaded file meta to add tags in pictures but I am not able to write anything in Tags option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-tags/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  6. Can't add tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add tags: I downloaded file meta to add tags in pictures but I am not able to write anything in Tags option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-tags/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  7. Can't add tags

8. Is there a way to easily tag files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to easily tag files?: As a videographer, it is safe to say I have a shit ton of files. And putting them in folders is a good start, but it has it's limits. Most specifically when you want to use a certain clip for multiple projects. So I'm looking for a way to easily add tags to the files. The...
  9. add tags

add tags: In file explorer y want to add and see tags in tag column for my folders[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-tags/2658084e-71b5-4a55-8a74-bf08d342fc40
  10. What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?: I tried to just put them in the video title but i run out of room. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/FinancialJello4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8w1th/what_is_the_best_way_to_add_tags_to_videos_on_my/