Windows 10: An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows 10

Discus and support An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You may see the message “An error occurred applying attributes to the file” in Windows 10 because of lack of permission or ownership, or if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows 10

An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows 10 An-error-occurred-applying-attributes-to-the-file.jpg
    You may see the message “An error occurred applying attributes to the file” in Windows 10 because of lack of permission or ownership, or if the file is encrypted. In this article, we will be going over all the possible solutions to fix the error. An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows […]

This article An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 20, 2021

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Bobby_Jay Win User
    another Error applying attributes message.. Decrypting files

So I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro. I have a couple files on my desktop that i'm trying to decrypt,

I've already disabled the EFS, and now when I [Right-click> properties> advanced> uncheck encrypt click apply] I'm met with an error message that says:

"An error has occurred applying these attributes to the following file:" file name blah blah blah then under that it says "The service cannot be started because it is either disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it." then underneath that
    it has 4 buttons saying "ignore, ignore all, try again, and cancel."

I'm the admin of this computer. And this is very strange to me. I've tried exploring the security tab and adding users (does nothing) removing users (does nothing). I'm just stuck with this error and it's annoying. Please someone, ANYONE help me with this
    issue. I'll answer any questions you need. Thanks in advanced!

Bobby_Jay, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

1. An error occurred applying attributes to the file in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - error occurred applying

2. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  3. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  4. BitLocker File Attributes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker File Attributes?: Win 10 PC Bitlocker Bitlocker P Bitlocker P OneDrive P - = A C:\OneDrive - = AL“” OneDrive = ALOM X: BitLocker - = APBitLocker P X: C:\OneDrive - = ALP“”“” SmartSync BitLocker BitLocker sfc DISM...
  5. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  6. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  7. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Installation error occured while applying security settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation error occured while applying security settings.: try to install node.js on windows 10. help please Installation error occured while applying security settings.Authenticatedusers is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network.Check your...
  9. Windows 10 failing to automatically apply correct date & time attributes to files and folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 failing to automatically apply correct date & time attributes to files and folders.: When I create a new folder or download a file into File Explorer, the date and time attributes are incorrect, sometime by years. For example, I just created a folder at 2116h, 6 Mar 2021, yet 0542h, 14 Mar 2015 is shown in both the date created and modified columns. This is...
  10. Windows 10 The Extended Attributes are Inconsistent error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 The Extended Attributes are Inconsistent error: [img] Can someone please help me with this error 68274