Windows 10: An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL

Discus and support An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users have complained that when installing Windows Subsystem for Linux, or when starting WSL, are seeing the following error message: An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 21, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL

An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL WSL-errorr.png
    Some users have complained that when installing Windows Subsystem for Linux, or when starting WSL, are seeing the following error message: An error occurred mounting one of your file systems. Please run ‘dmesg’ for more details. For your information, dmesg is used to examine or control the kernel ring buffer. In this article, we are going to […]

This article An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 21, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error when mounting ISO files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand when you are trying to delete/rename/move the ISO files after mounting it you get an error message. It could be possible that the ISO file is mounted and that is the reason you are unable to modify it.

I suggest you to eject the ISO file and then try to modify it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane, you will find the mounted ISO file.
    3. Right click on the ISO file and click on Eject. Try modifying the ISO file now.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 21, 2022
  4. An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL

File System error

Hi Kevin,

The error message "File system error (-1073741515)" is usually occurring if the system detected that there are some missing components within the program that is trying to be launched. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows Update and install the available updates on your device. It will be best to perform this when your device is in safe mode. Restart your computer once the updates are successfully installed and then check if
    the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL

1. An error occurred mounting one of your file systems on WSL - Similar Threads - error occurred mounting

2. Trying to mount USB card reader to WSL.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to mount USB card reader to WSL.: I have Windows 11 running Kali using WSL. I have a USB sd card reader that I would like to mount so I can view linux file system sdcards. I use: get-ciminstance -query "select * from win32_diskdrive", to list my available drives. Then use: wsl --mount \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2...
  3. Trying to mount USB card reader to WSL.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to mount USB card reader to WSL.: I have Windows 11 running Kali using WSL. I have a USB sd card reader that I would like to mount so I can view linux file system sdcards. I use: get-ciminstance -query "select * from win32_diskdrive", to list my available drives. Then use: wsl --mount \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2...
  4. an internal system error occurred please refer to dxerror.log and directX.log in your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    an internal system error occurred please refer to dxerror.log and directX.log in your...: I just now installed window 11 showing DirectX installation failed "an internal system error occurred please refer to dxerror.log and directX.log in your windows folder to determine problem " help me to solve this problem...
  5. an internal system error occurred please refer to dxerror.log and directX.log in your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an internal system error occurred please refer to dxerror.log and directX.log in your...: I just now installed window 11 showing DirectX installation failed "an internal system error occurred please refer to dxerror.log and directX.log in your windows folder to determine problem " help me to solve this problem...
  6. Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file

in Windows 10 News
    Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file: [ATTACH]The transition from an older version of Windows to a newer version should be […] This article Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. [WSL] No option to mount external HDD with eOS 5.1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [WSL] No option to mount external HDD with eOS 5.1: This is my first attempt at WSL. I want to be able to use my files from Linux in Windows. I have 2 questions: 1) When I do wsl --help, I can't see the option for --mount, which is shown here. When I run the command for mount, it just shows me the list of available commands...
  8. Error in mounting VHDX file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in mounting VHDX file: Hi, I have Created a VHDX file Ihave stored so many important files in it today when i try to open it is saying Make sure the file is in an NTFS volume and isn't in a compressed folder or volume [IMG] i have seen in properties when i try to unchuck the compress...
  9. Error when mounting ISO files

Error when mounting ISO files: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  10. Mounting file

Mounting file: I bought a new desktop pc--Yeah! As instructed I downloaded all my old pc files to an external hard drive-- Fat32. When I try to open the files on my new pc, I am told "Couldn't mount file" and to use Disk Mgt snap-in---whatever that is. I am just trying to access my old...