Windows 10: An error while importing pictures and videos on Photo Gallery on Windows 10?

Discus and support An error while importing pictures and videos on Photo Gallery on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem while importing pictures and videos from my iPhone 11 into my Windows 10 PC. On Photo Gallery, while I am trying to import my media,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stefan Leigh-Lancaster, Aug 17, 2020.

1. An error while importing pictures and videos on Photo Gallery on Windows 10?

I have a problem while importing pictures and videos from my iPhone 11 into my Windows 10 PC.

On Photo Gallery, while I am trying to import my media, I get a message saying, "The following error occurred while importing so-and-so.JPG or MOV: The device is unreachable. What do you want to do? Try again, skip this file, skip all files with errors."

I already have my iPhone set on the settings and on the photos to "Keep Originals".

What can I do?

:)

Stefan Leigh-Lancaster, Aug 17, 2020

2. Importing pictures to photo gallery using windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Are you importing images into Windows photo gallery/photo app?

What is the error message does it displays while importing photos in the photo gallery?

As a workaround, remove all devices plugged into a USB port and restart the computer to see if the problem persists.

I suggest you reply to us with screenshot for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Cannot Import photos to Windows 10

Hi Pawsitive Girl,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to import the photos using Photo gallery app.

Please be informed that you will be able to see the Photo gallery in the apps list only if you have installed Windows essentials.

Note: If you have installed Windows Essentials, skip the step 1 and proceed to step 2.

Step 1:

Windows Essentials is a suite of products like Photo gallery/Movie maker/Live Mail/Live Writer/One drive available in one easy download.
    Windows Essentials is a suite of products available in one easy download.
    I suggest you to install the Windows Essentials from the below link.

Windows Essentials

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-live/essentials

Step 2:

After downloading the Windows essentials from the below link, you will be able to access the Photo gallery. Refer to the below article and check if you are able to import photos and videos from the Photo gallery.

Import photos into Photo Gallery
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

An error while importing pictures and videos on Photo Gallery on Windows 10?

Cannot import photos to Photo gallery from Windows phone

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Do you get any error message when you import them to live photo gallery?

Please review the steps if this is how you are trying to import the photos.

To import photos from a camera, phone or other device, CD, or DVD

• Make sure that your device is turned on and connected to your PC, or that the disc is inserted into your PC's CD or DVD drive.

• Open Photo Gallery.

• Click the Home tab, and then click Import.

• In the Import Photos and Videos dialog box, click the device that you want to use, and then click
      Import. If you're importing from a CD or DVD, select the CD or DVD drive.

• Click More options to select the options that you want to use, such as where to save the files and what format to use for the folder and file names.

• Click one of the following two options: Review, organize and group items to import or
      Import all new items now.
    Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

An error while importing pictures and videos on Photo Gallery on Windows 10?

1. An error while importing pictures and videos on Photo Gallery on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - error while importing

2. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  3. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  4. import photos from dvd into photo gallery

in Windows 10 Customization
    import photos from dvd into photo gallery: I would like to be able to import photos into photo gallery from cd or dvds in windows 10. Photo gallery will import from sd card. Is there a way to do this from cds in windows 10. It doesn't find my cd connected with usb....
  5. Importing Still Photos to Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Still Photos to Photo Gallery: Hello, I still use Photo Gallery but last time I uploaded pictures was Nov 2019. I recently tried to upload my photos from my iphone 8 and I received the following message: "The following error occurred while importing FMAD2549.JPG: The device is unreachable." It gave...
  6. importing pictures and videos

importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  7. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  8. gallery photos and videos

gallery photos and videos: how to save contents of gallery to an external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gallery-photos-and-videos/a3aaa291-180a-4db6-879a-1871d4903475"
  9. Photo Gallery vs Pictures

Photo Gallery vs Pictures: There are more photos in Photo Gallery than in picture files. I tried to back up all my photos in Amazon photos, but not all pictures from Photo Gallery backed up. How do I back up ALL photos?...
  10. tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10: Unlike the windows 7 I am not able to tag my imported pictures with either a SD card or plugging the camera/phone. I am wondering if there is something I can change in settings so I can get this convenience back? Thanks...