Windows 10: an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken

Discus and support an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello yesterday when i'm using my laptop, the internet connection suddenly go missing the wifi icon is not there i check everywhere and the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thalia.y, Jun 8, 2020.

1. thalia.y Win User

an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken

hello

yesterday when i'm using my laptop, the internet connection suddenly go missing

the wifi icon is not there

i check everywhere and the driver is not there too

i have encountered this before and after i delete the device in device manager and restart it, it went back to normal

i tried this yesterday for several hours and it went back to normal

i used my laptop to do my assignment and it suddenly went blue and then i forced shut down it

when i turn it back on the wifi is not there again

when i run the troubleshooting

it keep saying an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or it might be broken

the wifi is gone until now and i can't do anything about it again

please help if you know how to fix this

:)

thalia.y, Jun 8, 2020

2. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

Yesterday morning , I start my PC and the internet is not working , after trouble shooting it tells me "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken "

I tried the cable on my laptop, and the cable is fine.

Any advice would be awesome. thank you

dylancoulson, Jun 8, 2020
  3. iNicckk Win User
    Windows 10: A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

I've just built my own pc yesterday and I'm having problems connecting to the Internet via ethernet cable.

These are my pc's specs:

PROCESSOR - Intel core i7-6700k

GRAPHICS CARD - Msi gtx 1060 armor 6g ocv1 nvidia geforce gddr5

MOTHERBOARD - Msi z710a gaming m5

I've gotten two error messages:

1) A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

2) "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration (this seems to be fixed by changing the ip address)

For the network cable not being plugged in/broken, I've tried using a different cable and it works on my laptop but not on my new pc. I have no Internet in my pc to update the drivers so that is out of the picture

Am I missing anything? Please help

iNicckk, Jun 8, 2020
  4. an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken

1. an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken - Similar Threads - ethernet cable properly

2. An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken Not fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken Not fixed: Hi, I just built my own new pc and installed windows 10, but I cannot connect with the internet because "An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken". I tried almost all ways to fix it but none of them work, including:additional troubleshooters,command...
  3. An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken Not fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken Not fixed: Hi, I just built my own new pc and installed windows 10, but I cannot connect with the internet because "An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken". I tried almost all ways to fix it but none of them work, including:additional troubleshooters,command...
  4. An Ethernal cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken Not fixed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error: "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken"

Error: "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken": I have an Toshiba Laptop. I left it like this for a couple of hours and then attempted to switch it on again and, after a lot of attempts, Windows finally started as usual but there was one problem: I was getting the "no networks available" error and the Wifi option is...
  6. a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken: the error in the title is what i received last night. one minute it was working and then i go to the bathroom for not even 5 minutes and i get back and my computer has no ethernet connection. I was extremely confused and didn't know what to do because it was just working, so...
  7. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  8. network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken: Ever since I started using wifi adapters for my internet I've been constantly having the same issue over and over. I could be 5 minutes in or 5 hours in or longer. Just randomly out of nowhere the wifi will cut off, show no option or wifi network available, but when I run the...
  9. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

in Windows 10 News
    A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you run Internet Connections Troubleshooter, and you see an error message saying A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken, then this post will help you fix the issue on your Windows computer. Windows users [...] This post A network...
  10. Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken

Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken: Excuse me sir, My wifi was working fine till yesterday and i have wlan and i have never used a cable network. When i was gaming suddenly my wifi got disconnected and i could not reconnect to my wifi. I have tried the following steps below, 1)Update the drivers 2)Speed and...