Windows 10: An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower...

Discus and support An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Now we all know that there are other antiviruses that are better than Windows Defender/Microsoft essentials. But are those antiviruses even safe?? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mervinpais14, Feb 27, 2021.

1. An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower...

Now we all know that there are other antiviruses that are better than Windows Defender/Microsoft essentials. But are those antiviruses even safe?? I will answer that now.

=====================================================

Q1. Are 3rd party antiviruses safe?

=====================================================

It depends. if you are downloading from an unknown source/websiteor from an ad on the website, then the chances are higher that you just installed a virus-infected fake antivirus. It's better to install more known antivirus's their own website example; Avast Antivirus, AVG, MacAfee comes pre-installed with windows 10 so its kinda like bloatware but also useful

===============================================

Q2. Is Windows defender/Microsoft essentials enough

===============================================

Yes, you can if you want download more antiviruses, But then the antiviruses example; AVG meets the avast.exe file will Remove each other as they don't know that they are both good apps not some viruses so its better to have only 2 antivirus, 1 3rd party, and windows defender/Microsoft essentials so there are no issues

===================================================

So these are the most asked questions about 3rd party antiviruses and Microsoft's own antiviruses. so if you have any more questions, feel free to ask An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower... :D

:)

Mervinpais14, Feb 27, 2021

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Feb 27, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 27, 2021
  4. malware Win User

An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower...

Microsoft Windows 7 RC Available for Download

The wait is over, Microsoft has published the official download page for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), that's not some pirated torrent link. Offered now directly from Microsoft are five different language versions (English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish) of both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 RC. Minimum system specs to run Windows 7 include:
    • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    Don't waste more time, and go directly to the Windows 7 RC download page.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower...

1. An FAQ i get asked: Should i use Windows defender/Microsoft essentialsWindows 7 and lower... - Similar Threads - FAQ asked Should

2. what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at: hello I was wondering if someone could help me with what Microsoft flight simulator I should get and where should I get it at I'm running windows 11 thanks for help...
  3. what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at: hello I was wondering if someone could help me with what Microsoft flight simulator I should get and where should I get it at I'm running windows 11 thanks for help...
  4. Should I disable windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I disable windows defender?: I want to disable windows defender as it's taking around 14-15% of my CPU alone on idle. Is it ok if I disable windows defender even if I don't insert any pendrive in my PC and don't go to any shadey websites or even download anything?...
  5. Should I disable windows defender?

Should I disable windows defender?: I want to disable windows defender as it's taking around 14-15% of my CPU alone on idle. Is it ok if I disable windows defender even if I don't insert any pendrive in my PC and don't go to any shadey websites or even download anything?...
  6. Should I disable windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community?

When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community?: I put this in this category as I am not sure where else to put it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-should-i-use-feedback-hub-and-when-should-i/528e39b3-d1f3-4ba8-95e0-34d5b9b7993d
  8. Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?

Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?: I don't know what Windows Defender is about so I bought McAfee antivirus program. Please help me understand what is best, as I'm a retired person with fixed income and I don't know much about computer. I use a laptop. I was scammed once and paid hundred of dollars. That's why...
  9. Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?

Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?: I use Avast and MBAM. AdwCleaner from time time. I only have MBAM on my MacBook. Should I ditch Avast and use the inbuilt Windows Defender? Thing is, I don’t trust the inbuilt one enough to actually be effective. Will I get a performance gain doing this? 120725
  10. Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?: I use Avast and MBAM. AdwCleaner from time time. I only have MBAM on my MacBook. Should I ditch Avast and use the inbuilt Windows Defender? Thing is, I don’t trust the inbuilt one enough to actually be effective. Will I get a performance gain doing this? 120725