Windows 10: An illegal state change was requested.

Discus and support An illegal state change was requested. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am encountering this error again and again when I am trying to sign in into my laptop. I didn't request for any kind of state change. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiyanshiArora, Dec 6, 2020.

1. An illegal state change was requested.

I am encountering this error again and again when I am trying to sign in into my laptop.

I didn't request for any kind of state change. I just changed my password as I was unable to download apps from Microsoft Store. My laptop has windows 10. And there were no changes that occurred in my laptop. What should I do to resolve this issue?

:)

RiyanshiArora, Dec 6, 2020

2. Illegal state change request???

When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change!

ArthurFox1, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Illegal State was requested

I basically have the same question as here. I have reset the password. Added information to my Microsoft account. I receive the "Illegal State was requested" when verifying my account in "your info".

Illegal state change request???

I'll also point out there are a number of people asking this. This issue is preventing me from changing the email on my computer to the more current one.

PatrickKnies1, Dec 6, 2020
  4. An illegal state change was requested.

An illegal state change was requested

I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click
    to "Update info", it prompts me to enter my password, then a small window appears just like an error message, saying "An illegal state change was requested".

What is this ? And how can I solve this issue ??

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you !

MihaiCservenecz, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

An illegal state change was requested.

1. An illegal state change was requested. - Similar Threads - illegal state change

2. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  3. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  4. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. illegal state change requested error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    illegal state change requested error.: i just got the new forza 5 horizon and noticed when i try to make a convoy/party on pc it asked me to login and i did and it prompted me that there was a illegal state change requested and it can't sign me in. however i can login to my account fine on google or any browser...
  6. illegal state change requested error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    illegal state change requested error.: i just got the new forza 5 horizon and noticed when i try to make a convoy/party on pc it asked me to login and i did and it prompted me that there was a illegal state change requested and it can't sign me in. however i can login to my account fine on google or any browser...
  7. illegal state change requested error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Illegal State was requested

Illegal State was requested: I basically have the same question as here. I have reset the password. Added information to my Microsoft account. I receive the "Illegal State was requested" when verifying my account in "your info"....
  9. An illegal state change was requested

An illegal state change was requested: I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click to "Update info",...
  10. Illegal state change request???

Illegal state change request???: When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-state-change-request/cc853370-7c39-428c-9a32-b49b7c535e9b