Windows 10: An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into...

Discus and support An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, my windows installation boots up in roughly 25s. Not THAT fast, but for some reason, windows can't hook up my keyboard right away - it stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mayuna_cz, Nov 25, 2020.

1. An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into...

Basically, my windows installation boots up in roughly 25s. Not THAT fast, but for some reason, windows can't hook up my keyboard right away - it stays black (I have RGB one) for another 10 seconds and THEN it works.

Any tips for fixing this? I tried turning off fast boot and changing USB ports (from case ones to motherboard ones), no luck tho.

submitted by /u/Mayuna_cz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mayuna_cz, Nov 25, 2020
  2. prbigo91 Win User

No login prompt at login screen

I may have a solution that has worked for me.
    Over a month ago, I started having the problem with the login prompt and user not showing up on the login screen. This occurred both on the screen saver lock and when I would boot my computer from a shutdown. When I would Restart my computer, the login would show up to log into Windows, but after this, I would again encounter the login not showing up when my computer would lock from the screen saver or if I did a shutdown or put my computer to sleep.

As this kept on happening, I did notice that my shutdown would do something weird and my boot-up from a shutdown would not do a proper startup. I was researching all options I could find with this problem and could not find a solution. Nonetheless, I kept on running the "sfc /scannow" with no errors, did registry cleanups, uninstalled and reinstalled all my Bluetooth and wireless drivers, etc. The uninstall and reinstall of the wireless drivers temporarily fixed it, but it would immediately go back to the missing login.

I then decided to try stopping the fast boot, given the corky shutdowns and boot-ups. After I turned off the fast boot, this seemed to stop the missing login, in both the boot-up from a full shutdown and when I would lock my computer while it was in Windows. And to add to this, the black screen when I would lock my computer went away and started showing my screen image again.

To stop the fast boot, click on this link for step by step instructions. Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

I hope this works for others who are having this problem.

prbigo91, Nov 25, 2020
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into...

Boot Problems An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into... :(

Just out of interest, what got you the BIOS screen?

And in the BIOS, is everything set correctly, like is the raptor master, caviar slave, etc etc? And is the master set to boot up windows first in the boot priority list?

Pinchy, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into...

1. An interesting problem — Windows "boots up too fast" into login screen before hooking into... - Similar Threads - interesting problem —

2. Windows 10 screen problem before login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 screen problem before login: I have one problem with my Asus Windows 10 laptop every time I turn it on, a black screen appears, then a blue screen appears a black screen lasts about 1-2 minutes while a blue screen lasts 10 seconds, it all happens before the screen for login. My laptop has all the latest...
  3. Windows 10 screen problem before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screen problem before login: I have one problem with my Asus Windows 10 laptop every time I turn it on, a black screen appears, then a blue screen appears a black screen lasts about 1-2 minutes while a blue screen lasts 10 seconds, it all happens before the screen for login. My laptop has all the latest...
  4. Windows 10 screen problem before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen: Hi. Im having a weird problem when my laptop boot Windows At first,when the O.S is loading it took 30-40 seconds to load the login screen and then takes nothing to load the Desktop when i logged.However,after installing Xilinx,for some reason,it takes like 2-3 seconds to...
  6. Boot up login screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up login screens: During the startup sequence the last thing that happens before Windows 10 goes to the Desktop is for me to login in my password. Most of the time the startup sequence lands on the Welcome Screen. That is what I prefer because my old laptop keyboard is on its last legs. I have...
  7. too fast return to login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    too fast return to login screen: when i leave computer unattended for more than a minute or 2, display screen goes back to login. want to increase tiwer delay b4 reverting back to login screen. any help appreciated...
  8. System boot stuck before login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    System boot stuck before login screen.: Hi! I don't know if this is the right thread because I don't get any BSOD but it's really close to one. The problem: System boot stuck before login screen. The backstory: Messed around with ProgramData's ownership because the Indexer/Search didn't work. (read it...
  9. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...
  10. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.: I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login screen. After the Windows loading logo, the screen stays black for about 60-80 seconds (and all I can see is the mouse...