Windows 10: An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

Discus and support An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only). in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple of months ago, I started getting the error message "An internal error occurred" when connecting through an IPSec tunnel to all Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beefydog9999, Oct 9, 2019.

1. An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

A couple of months ago, I started getting the error message "An internal error occurred" when connecting through an IPSec tunnel to all Windows 10 machines, a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008 R2 server machine. (every machine on the network). I can connect within the network just fine to all these machines and can connect from outside the VPN (after opening a port on the router) with no problems (though, that is a security risk) as well.
    No changes were made to the router, what-so-ever, in that time period (Netgear UTM25) and the tunnel(s) work just fine for file transfer, ICMP, FTP, HTTP(s) - ONLY Remote Desktop is affected.
    I've tried every setting in Remote Desktop I can find - disabling auto-reconnect, enabling/disabling NLA, firewalls, and quite frankly, I'm stumped.
    I would blame the router, so I tried a different router (and older SonicWall), set up the tunnel (IPSec) with the same results.

I believe the issue is with some windows updates that were added since this started (I think it was April - not sure since this is not utilized very often - it could have started as early as February) that makes Windows not like something in the traffic (various branded NICs too, so we can rule NIC drivers out as well), or perhaps the protocol (something that would be appended to, or missing from, packet headers?).
    The LAN consists of both gigabit and 100baseT connections (if that has anything to do with it).

This is way above my pay grade and we've been using external ports (bad practice, I know, but the VPN is useless for Remote Desktop as of 2019).

If anyone has solved this problem (I've tried literally everything in this forum - if it's a router issue or somehow Windows is no longer IPSec compliant - or it IS compliant, but the routers are too old - 4-7 years and something changed in the protocol), please share exactly what you found - and possibly changes you made to your router (apparently, I've seen 6 different brands all having this same issue this year - we're all stumped!)

:)

Beefydog9999, Oct 9, 2019
  2. SQLJR Win User

Remote Desktop Error "Internal Error occurred"

*Original Title:
    Remote Desktop Error

Hi all

I have Just Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

I Remote to Server 2012r2 A lot through a VPN.

I haven't been able to connect Since the upgrade.

Tried to turn off the firewall still Keep getting the error "Internal Error occurred"

SQLJR, Oct 9, 2019
  3. remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

hi all.
    me need help for fix Error : remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

Win 10 En x64

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only). 749678.png

AhrimanSefid, Oct 9, 2019
  4. ranjan933 Win User

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

remote desktop an internal error has occurred in windows 10 pro

RDP refers to Remote desktop connection

i am trying to connect to the Clint from another PC.

the error i am having is "internal error has occurred"

ye i do make a change . i did system restore but it is still the same.

ranjan933, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

1. An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only). - Similar Threads - internal error occurred

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  4. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred: I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect...
  5. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred: I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect...
  6. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot: To be able to work from home I use a VPN to connect to my work-PC using a remote desktop. But when I connect to my wifi and start the VPN connection, I'm unable to connect to the remote desktop. This error shows: "The remote resource can't be reached". But when I use my phone...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection - An internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connection - An internal error has occurred: Hi, I am using Win 10 Pro and trying to connect to a server using Remote Desktop. I was able to use it on my previous laptop without issue. However with the new laptop everytime I try to connect I am getting "An Internal Error has occurred". Can some one let me know how...
  9. An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 News
    An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection is a very vague error message. It occurs mostly when a user is trying to connect to a remote computer. This could be caused by a weak network connection, an [...] This post An internal error...
  10. remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred: hi all. me need help for fix Error : remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred Win 10 En x64 [img] 31166

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpn error message internal error has occurred

2. vpn interal error

3. remote desktop vpn internal error occured

4. work vpn an internal error has occured,
  5. vpn an internal error occurred,
  6. an internal error occured vpn,
  7. vpn internal error occured