Windows 10: An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

Discus and support An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only). in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple of months ago, I started getting the error message "An internal error occurred" when connecting through an IPSec tunnel to all Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beefydog9999, Oct 9, 2019.

1. An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

A couple of months ago, I started getting the error message "An internal error occurred" when connecting through an IPSec tunnel to all Windows 10 machines, a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008 R2 server machine. (every machine on the network). I can connect within the network just fine to all these machines and can connect from outside the VPN (after opening a port on the router) with no problems (though, that is a security risk) as well.
    No changes were made to the router, what-so-ever, in that time period (Netgear UTM25) and the tunnel(s) work just fine for file transfer, ICMP, FTP, HTTP(s) - ONLY Remote Desktop is affected.
    I've tried every setting in Remote Desktop I can find - disabling auto-reconnect, enabling/disabling NLA, firewalls, and quite frankly, I'm stumped.
    I would blame the router, so I tried a different router (and older SonicWall), set up the tunnel (IPSec) with the same results.

I believe the issue is with some windows updates that were added since this started (I think it was April - not sure since this is not utilized very often - it could have started as early as February) that makes Windows not like something in the traffic (various branded NICs too, so we can rule NIC drivers out as well), or perhaps the protocol (something that would be appended to, or missing from, packet headers?).
    The LAN consists of both gigabit and 100baseT connections (if that has anything to do with it).

This is way above my pay grade and we've been using external ports (bad practice, I know, but the VPN is useless for Remote Desktop as of 2019).

If anyone has solved this problem (I've tried literally everything in this forum - if it's a router issue or somehow Windows is no longer IPSec compliant - or it IS compliant, but the routers are too old - 4-7 years and something changed in the protocol), please share exactly what you found - and possibly changes you made to your router (apparently, I've seen 6 different brands all having this same issue this year - we're all stumped!)

:)

Beefydog9999, Oct 9, 2019
  2. SQLJR Win User

Remote Desktop Error "Internal Error occurred"

*Original Title:
    Remote Desktop Error

Hi all

I have Just Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

I Remote to Server 2012r2 A lot through a VPN.

I haven't been able to connect Since the upgrade.

Tried to turn off the firewall still Keep getting the error "Internal Error occurred"

SQLJR, Oct 9, 2019
  3. remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

hi all.
    me need help for fix Error : remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

Win 10 En x64

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only). 749678.png

AhrimanSefid, Oct 9, 2019
  4. ranjan933 Win User

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

remote desktop an internal error has occurred in windows 10 pro

RDP refers to Remote desktop connection

i am trying to connect to the Clint from another PC.

the error i am having is "internal error has occurred"

ye i do make a change . i did system restore but it is still the same.

ranjan933, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

1. An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only). - Similar Threads - internal error occurred

2. An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 News
    An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection is a very vague error message. It occurs mostly when a user is trying to connect to a remote computer. This could be caused by a weak network connection, an [...] This post An internal error...
  3. Direct X An Internal System Error Occurred

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Direct X An Internal System Error Occurred: Hello I have recently gotten myself a new gaming laptop and instilling games however upon starting call of duty world at war it did first time setup it was instilling Direct X then a error box came up saying Direct X Setup An Internal System Error Occurred Please...
  4. DirectX Setup: An internal error occurred.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Setup: An internal error occurred.: New computer, trying to install + play some games, when they always refuse to boot due to directX not being set up. one of the errors states "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_43.dll was not found". However, attempting to install directX gives the error " An...
  5. RDP not working with vpn [internal error has occurred]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP not working with vpn [internal error has occurred]: I have been suddenly having this issue for months now. It seems to work fine after I restart the remote PC but will resurface after a while. I connect to a vpn and am able to ping that specific pc but when trying to remote desktop connect, the error ' an internal error has...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection "An internal error has occured" when try to connect to a local...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection "An internal error has occured" when try to connect to a local...: Hi Support, Recently I have faced with an error when try to connect to a local server using remote desktop. This issue occurs when I have updates my windows 10 with a new updates. Kindly assist on how to solve this issues. [ATTACH]...
  7. internal error occurred while mstsc

in Windows 10 Customization
    internal error occurred while mstsc: [ATTACH]Hi team, one of my colleagues is having some issue while mstsc her machine in the office. It just disconnects the remote session and says "Internal error occurred". I have changed its IP, Port, updated windows. Then we have to reboot this machine again or...
  8. internal error occurred while mstsc

in Windows 10 Customization
    internal error occurred while mstsc: [ATTACH]Hi team, one of my colleagues is having some issue while mstsc her machine in the office. It just disconnects the remote session and says "Internal error occurred". I have changed its IP, Port, updated windows. Then we have to reboot this machine again or...
  9. Can't log in via Remote Desktop

Can't log in via Remote Desktop: I am having intermittent problems connecting via remote desktop. I use RD with a laptop to connect to my desktop PC. Both are running Windows 10. The desktop has Office 2016, the desktop has Office 2013. Both are Lenovo machines. When I am unable to connect, I get the...
  10. remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred

remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred: hi all. me need help for fix Error : remote desktop connection an internal error has occurred Win 10 En x64 [img] 31166