Windows 10: An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive.

Discus and support An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open any document: word doc, BlueRV doc from the OneDrive folder. I receive the following error [ATTACH] My only workaround is first copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NateMendes, Nov 3, 2020.

1. An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive.

I cannot open any document: word doc, BlueRV doc from the OneDrive folder. I receive the following error An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive. 940673c7-d6e4-4f2d-a4df-b04efc147abb?upload=true.png

My only workaround is first copy the OneDrive Library project file to my THIS PC DOCUMENT Folder directive before I can gain access to read the file

Any ideas on what Is going on?

:)

NateMendes, Nov 3, 2020

2. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC').

This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents' in the 'This PC' list... I used a .bat file to restore 'Documents to the correct place here, but there still appears to be an issue with Onedrive.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

LAndersonBurton, Nov 3, 2020
  3. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

I had checked a restore point, but unfortunately being a new laptop, there wasn't any (I'll be sure to make one before faffing around in future..!).

Solution: Once I'd used the .bat file, the Location Property option had returned. I used the Location Property settings to relocate the Documents folder into OneDrive (the first step I had done) and this reset the issues I has having, allowing me the option to move the Documents folder back to being separate (I chose not to do this in the end as having it in OneDrive meant it automatically saved via OneDrive and to the 'This PC' Documents folder.

LAndersonBurton, Nov 3, 2020
  4. An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive.

Setting up onedrive on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) My Documents folder will be there in both PC and in OneDrive folder.

2) As you said that you have made inaccessible, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if I helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Are you trying to open the music folder from OneDrive folder or from PC?

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive.

1. An Issue opening any Document situated in the Company OneDrive. - Similar Threads - Issue opening Document

2. Windows 11 OneDrive Documents folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OneDrive Documents folder issue: Dear Microsoft,First of all, let me hang out my frustration: screw you...I've been refreshing my windows all the time, being your customer since a very long time ago, but as time passes, the service becomes worse and worse.So, since I bought my new computer, and installed a...
  3. Windows 11 OneDrive Documents folder issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OneDrive Documents folder issue: Dear Microsoft,First of all, let me hang out my frustration: screw you...I've been refreshing my windows all the time, being your customer since a very long time ago, but as time passes, the service becomes worse and worse.So, since I bought my new computer, and installed a...
  4. Trouble opening any documents on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble opening any documents on my PC: I don't know if it's a problem with my laptop in general or a glitch in windows 10 specifically so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has encountered anything similar. I'm having trouble opening the documents app, either on the home screen or via any programs like...
  5. OneDrive Documents Issue On Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Documents Issue On Laptop: Hello HP Omen 15_ce019dx, some reason my Documents folder is saving everything i do on that system to Onedrive? Got a bandwidth Cap with Comcast, so wondering how i can set that to store Locally on the systems secondary storage drive D, and not upload the Entire Documents...
  6. Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive

Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive: Some time after I had purchased my refurbished Surface Pro IV and signed in to OneDrive, I had noticed an odd problem, which still has plagued me for almost five months, now. I can see the files I want, but the Open button remains greyed out, nor can I double-click to open...
  7. Onedrive documents

Onedrive documents: I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for...
  8. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app opening Documents folder: Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC'). This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents'...
  9. Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files

Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files: I am running Windows 10 and have done all the updates per schedule. I accessed an Excel file on June 7th, turned the computer off as we were gone for 2 days and now when I got back on June 9th, I get an error message on all document files and downloaded files - "Windows...
  10. Microsoft Office won't open any document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office won't open any document: I've been unable to open any Word doc. I received a Windows updated notice and remember clicking on something to sync to all devices. I've reinstalled Office. I've run both short and long-term repairs. Can you help me please?...