Windows 10: An issue with file explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support An issue with file explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey, guys, I keep facing this issue where the name of the file change to random characters. like this And I keep seeing that the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johansansebastian, Feb 10, 2021.

1. An issue with file explorer in Windows 10

/u/johansansebastian, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue An issue with file explorer in Windows 10 :p

Frick, Feb 10, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

An issue with file explorer in Windows 10

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

An issue with file explorer in Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

An issue with file explorer in Windows 10

1. An issue with file explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - issue file explorer

2. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  3. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  4. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer Issues: Hi, I have been having problems with my file explorer for a while now, however I have just noticed it recently. Let me explain the "symptoms" that I am having: 1 When I double-click the File Explorer icon in an attempt to open it, my screen turns black for a split second,...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer search issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer search issues: Having issues with file search on both my desktop and laptop. the laptop is new and the desktop was just upgraded to windows 10, so I'm not super familiar with Windows 10 just yet, I had been using windows 7 with no issues with this scenario. The desktop is Windows 10 pro,...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue

Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue: Hi I've just started using Windows 10 and have found that when I do a search in File Explorer, I cannot adjust the column widths as the normal bar at the top for adjusting the widths disappears in Search mode and therefore can't see where the files I've searched for are...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer software issue

Windows 10 File Explorer software issue: You would think that something in such common use as File Explorer is pretty bug free in my view, but consider the following. I have set it in the context of a common workflow, that of wanting to compress some files to free up space. Step 1 Identify a folder in Windows...
  9. windows 10 file explorer issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 file explorer issue: I have one small issue. I was using win 7 and got upgraded to win 10 and everything was working fine. I have been using win 10 since August or September 2015. recently the location of the file explorer changed from the left side to the right side and I am not able...
  10. Windows 10 explorer issues on mkv files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 explorer issues on mkv files: Hello, I have upgraded to windows 10 from a 7 since one week. I have issue with all directories containing mkv files, the explorer hangs every time it tries to browse the content, even on some rather old mkv files. Explorer is unable either to display the duration or to...