Windows 10: An issue with Instant Replay features for PC Gaming

Discus and support An issue with Instant Replay features for PC Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So one thing I've been doing for some time now is listening to music via YouTube whilst playing a game. But since I got Battlefield V on PC, It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gatlin VanDriel, Jan 10, 2019.

1. An issue with Instant Replay features for PC Gaming

So one thing I've been doing for some time now is listening to music via YouTube whilst playing a game. But since I got Battlefield V on PC, It seems that the instant replay feature picks up YouTube videos as well as in game audio and I don't know how to opt that out.

It started with the Xbox DVR feature so I moved over to using Shadowplay as a workaround, but I still had the issue.

So far, here's my diagnosis for the problem:

- As stated, the problem is not based off of the DVR program

- As a test, I played a music file and it didn't pick up. Meaning that this could have to do with Chrome

- Changing the audio output so it's separate from BFV also seems to work.

One solution I thought of is to setup another audio output that would also go to my headset as a sort of relay. My theory is that if I setup a 2nd audio output to my headset, I can have Chrome go through that. It would still come out of my headset, but my PC will think it's a different device. However, I have no idea how to do that (or if it's possible).

How would/should I go about being able to prevent Xbox DVR and/or Shadowplay from picking up YouTube/Chrome. I just want it to pick up the game audio and my mic, nothing else.

Side Notes

- I do have OBS and though it does allow me to opt out certain audio, it doesn't have an instant replay feature (at least not similar to Xbox DVR/Shadowplay)

- My headset that I use is a Turtle Beach Stealth 450 (amazing headset, by the way)

- Just in case, my laptop is an ASUS ROG G751JL. Other than some better hard drives, my specs are mostly unchanged. (And yes, I am due for an upgrade, but that's beside the point) https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G751JL/specifications/

P.S. I've posted this to five subreddits and two fourms at this point and not a single response.

:)

Gatlin VanDriel, Jan 10, 2019

2. Strange freezing while watching videos locally (video inside)

Thanks for the suggestion -- Link state power management is already set to off.

I'm guessing this has more to do with Shadow Play's instant replay feature and the Movies & TV application because instant replay is disabled when this application is open.

lukeman3000, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

An issue with Instant Replay features for PC Gaming

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

An issue with Instant Replay features for PC Gaming

1. An issue with Instant Replay features for PC Gaming - Similar Threads - issue Instant Replay

2. Recording, screenshot, and replay Issue on Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording, screenshot, and replay Issue on Xbox game bar: I am unable to interact with all of the options that are not highlighted, how do I fix this? Also force - stopping Xbox game bar on settings and clearing the data doesn't fix it....
  3. Recording, screenshot, and replay Issue on Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording, screenshot, and replay Issue on Xbox game bar: I am unable to interact with all of the options that are not highlighted, how do I fix this? Also force - stopping Xbox game bar on settings and clearing the data doesn't fix it....
  4. How do I enable Xbox Game Bar recording my voice in Instant Replay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Xbox Game Bar recording my voice in Instant Replay?: so I'm just trying to use my Xbox Game Bar instant replay. you can see all the settings above ^^^^dang that image really broke it but Anyways!I can hear my friends on Discord VC but I can't hear myself...
  5. How do I enable Xbox Game Bar recording my voice in Instant Replay?

How do I enable Xbox Game Bar recording my voice in Instant Replay?: so I'm just trying to use my Xbox Game Bar instant replay. you can see all the settings above ^^^^dang that image really broke it but Anyways!I can hear my friends on Discord VC but I can't hear myself...
  6. replay crashed my game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replay crashed my game: so i went onto the experimental settings and chose replay tool, and it told me driver/graphics card failure and i only enabled the replay tool and this happened, now it will not let me open the game as every time i open it crashes when i left click my mouse it closes the...
  7. replay crashed my game

replay crashed my game: so i went onto the experimental settings and chose replay tool, and it told me driver/graphics card failure and i only enabled the replay tool and this happened, now it will not let me open the game as every time i open it crashes when i left click my mouse it closes the...
  8. Dsi action replay issue help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dsi action replay issue help: Yeah i have a old Dsi action replay Got it when pokemon black and white 2 was released and the otherday i got this red screen on the bottom screen of the DS when i try to boot up the AR. My battery died on me when trying to load a code, so i think it got messed up. So i went...
  9. Dsi action replay issue help

Dsi action replay issue help: Yeah i have a old Dsi action replay Got it when pokemon black and white 2 was released and the otherday i got this red screen on the bottom screen of the DS when i try to boot up the AR. My battery died on me when trying to load a code, so i think messed up. So i went...
  10. New Edge doesn't allow Nvidia GeForce Experience's Instant Replay feature to work for games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Edge doesn't allow Nvidia GeForce Experience's Instant Replay feature to work for games.: So by elimination, I found out that what's causing my Instant Replay to switch back off as soon as I switch it on, is having Edge opened. For some reason, it only happens when a game is opened (no matter which one) but it seems to work fine on the desktop environment. I...