Windows 10: An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

Discus and support An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsraelNaaman, Mar 20, 2022.

1. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language layout and pressing on Alt+Shift is enough to change between them.After a While an hour or so I have two extra languages in the language menu in the taskbar: ENG US, ENG UK, HEBREW and ENG US again. And then it turns out to be a cumbersome and confusing process.

:)

IsraelNaaman, Mar 20, 2022
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Mar 20, 2022
  3. ryloth Win User
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings. [​IMG]

ryloth, Mar 20, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2022
Thema:

An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

1. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings. - Similar Threads - odd discrepancy between

2. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  3. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  4. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  5. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  6. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  7. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  8. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.: I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language layout and pressing on Alt+Shift is enough to change between them.After a While an hour or so I have two extra languages in...
  9. Problem with language and layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with language and layout: Hello, I have had troubles with my computer for quite come time now. I use a korean QWERTY keyboard but as I am french I sometimes need to switch to azerty. My system's language is english US. I configured windows to switch between the two keyboard layouts with a hotkey,...
  10. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...