Windows 10: An old game running problem

Discus and support An old game running problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Sirs, I have just installed an old game cabela's 4x4 off road adventure 3 and when i try to run game this error is showing up: [SYSTEM ] Out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jones0C, May 4, 2020.

1. Jones0C Win User

An old game running problem

Dear Sirs,

I have just installed an old game cabela's 4x4 off road adventure 3 and when i try to run game this error is showing up:

[SYSTEM ] Out of memory at line -1 in file C:\2002\Src\Game\EngineDll\Debug\Src\DebugSystem.cpp in function safe_malloc Caught in function safe_malloc<-cTextureDX::CreateAndLoadPlainTexture<-cTextureDX::Load<-cTextureManager::LoadTexture<-cShaderPass::AddInterfaceStage<-cShader::AddInterfacePass<-cShader::Compile<-cShaderManager::LoadShader<-cFrameWork::LoadResources<-cFrameWork::InitApp<-Main
    could you please help me ?

thank you.

:)

Jones0C, May 4, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 4, 2020
  3. Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 4, 2020
  4. An old game running problem

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, May 4, 2020
Thema:

An old game running problem

1. An old game running problem - Similar Threads - old game running

2. HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...: HI!I have a problem to run games, Command and Conquer from steam as it finally releases here!As I tried to run the games, it failed to do so. Asking newer directX 8 or better. But my system does have DirectX 12 for Windows 10.Anyone please help me as I failed to find any...
  3. HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...: HI!I have a problem to run games, Command and Conquer from steam as it finally releases here!As I tried to run the games, it failed to do so. Asking newer directX 8 or better. But my system does have DirectX 12 for Windows 10.Anyone please help me as I failed to find any...
  4. HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. problem when i run an old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem when i run an old games: I have a problem when I run an old games like Farcry 3 and Dishonored, after play the game for a while on windowed mode the game keeps not responding and respond and so on until I close it from the task manager my pc is not low and I'm playing on windowed because I tried it...
  6. problem when i run an old games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem when i run an old games: I have a problem when I run an old games like Farcry 3 and Dishonored, after play the game for a while on windowed mode the game keeps not responding and respond and so on until I close it from the task manager my pc is not low and I'm playing on windowed because I tried it...
  7. Old games won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old games won't run: Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP...
  8. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games will not run on DirectX 12: Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games-will-not-run-on-directx-12/7239a46a-98ab-42d4-880e-beb9b0475edf
  9. problems running Pogo games

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems running Pogo games: problems running Pogo games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-running-pogo-games/c6f2a65c-4f19-400b-925d-5886e82b5154
  10. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...