Windows 10: An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

Discus and support An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JanAdam, Jul 4, 2022.

1. JanAdam Win User

An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like to upgrade Win 7 to Win 11 on my desktop, because I like it.I cannot find any traces of my installing Win 10 on my desktop. Does Microsoft keep any log of it such that I can recover my ‘Digital Entitlement’? Trying to fresh install Win 10 now it always fails at 73%.Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

JanAdam, Jul 4, 2022
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jul 4, 2022
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Jul 4, 2022
  4. Neil13764 Win User

Using Old Win 7 license to Upgrade to Win 10

I have a PC that came with Win 7 and I upgraded it to Win 10 when the upgrade was free.

I now have a new PC that shipped with Win 10. On the new PC I will be installing Vmware so I have a virtual machine. How can I use the Win 7 license from the old PC (and then upgrade it to Win 10) to install it on the new PC virtual PC?

If needed I can uninstall Windows from the old PC.

Neil13764, Jul 4, 2022
Thema:

1. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - old upgrade

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  6. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  7. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  9. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  10. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...

Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...: I'm using a laptop from came from Asus which is about 12 years old and came pre-installed with Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 recently but can't it to Windows 11 for its hardware limitations. I'll make a custom-built pc in near future. I'm thinking to use this Windows...