Windows 10: An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

Discus and support An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KartikMittal1, Jan 14, 2022.

1. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?

:)

KartikMittal1, Jan 14, 2022

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Older program not working after installing KB3163018 update on Windows 10.

Hi Fritz,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the program with the update installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, which is the “older program” you are referring to in the above description?

I suggest you to install the program in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file downloaded/saved on the PC and select
      Properties from the context menu.

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from
      step 2
      from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of
      Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above questions and the status of compatibility of the older program installed on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Kursah Win User

An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

1. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC - Similar Threads - older version PowerShell

2. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC: According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?...
  3. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC: According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?...
  4. Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...: I am using dell laptop bought in 2012,it used to run on windows 7 before and it was a bit slow so i gave it to format to windows 10.It has been formatted to the older version of windows 10.It is just a bit slow in this version.Now can i update it to the latest version of...
  5. Download Tool Installed Older Version?

Download Tool Installed Older Version?: The Background: Have an HP mini-tower purchased in 2018, with Win 10 Home 64-bit pre-installed. Windows Updates downloaded and installed with no problems—until V2004 May2020. This update failed repeatedly. Stuck on V1909?The Situation: Over the past year, I've tried tons of...
  6. Cannot install an older version of Windows 10

Cannot install an older version of Windows 10: Hey y'all, I've had a very difficult time over the past two days simply trying to get an older, more compatible version of Windows 10 for my laptop. I need to install Windows 10, so naturally I went to download the Media Creation Tool. I ran it, and upon booting up the...
  7. Installing an older version of Windows Defender...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing an older version of Windows Defender...: Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1909 What will happen if I download an older version of Windows defender now that I have a newer version installed? Will the newer version still take precedence and NOT install the older version? I ran into the same problem as others did...
  8. My files are downloaded but my PC is on an older version of the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My files are downloaded but my PC is on an older version of the desktop: My files are available but all the shortcuts are gone and is reverted to a new desktop i want the shortcuts and old stuff back, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-files-are-downloaded-but-my-pc-is-on-an-older/e06cce3a-3dc8-4982-9d60-1cfad6cfe8d8
  9. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...
  10. How to install a older version of Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a older version of Apps?: Hi, I need to install a previous version of Microsoft Sticky Notes, last version is not good. Where to find it and Download it? Thanks 68878