Windows 10: An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f

Discus and support An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, I installed Windows 10 Professional 64 bit into my new M.2 SSD. I can normally boot my desktop and use it without any problems. However, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ansonngg, May 30, 2020.

1. ansonngg Win User

An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f

Yesterday, I installed Windows 10 Professional 64 bit into my new M.2 SSD. I can normally boot my desktop and use it without any problems. However, if I restart the desktop, the following screen will pop up.

An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f [​IMG]

It has no response whenever I press ESC. What I can do is just shutting down the desktop by pressing the power button or waiting it to roboot again. After rebooting, the desktop will automatically go to the BIOS. But after I leave the BIOS, the desktop will run the Windows successfully and I can use it without any problems again. However, what is strange is that if I choose to shut down instead of restart my deaktop, it will not have the aforementioned issue when I boot my desktop next time. I would be pleased if anyone could help. Thanks!

:)

ansonngg, May 30, 2020

2. Boot error: status: 0xc000000f

Hi Karan,

Corrupted Boot Configuration Data could trigger the error code 0xc000000f. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which version, build and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What changes have you made on your computer before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, if Windows 10 is installed on your device, you can use this
    link
    as you reference on how to recover Windows 10. We suggest following the instructions under Use installation media to reinstall
    Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 30, 2020
  3. Windows boot error - Status: 0xc000000f

Original title: Windows boot error

Having 3 hard drives in my computer, I decided to have one partitioned specifically for a Linux installation, and leave the one my Windows 10 installation is on untouched. Not knowing what I was doing it seems, I messed something up and now Windows won't
    boot. Following guides around the Internet, here are the results of commands commonly given to fix this problem:

bootrec /fixmbr - "The operation completed successfully."

bootrec /fixboot - "Element not found."

bootrec /fixbcd - "Add installation to boot list?: y" "Element not found"

The error I receive when trying to boot is:

"File: \Boot\BCD

Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors."

Any help would be kindly appreciates, thanks!

Jayden Serenari, May 30, 2020
  4. I.Torres Win User

Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

Hello, thanks to contact the Microsoft Community. My name is Israel Torres, I am

an Independent Advisor.

The boot error 0xC000000f in Windows 10 occurs when Windows attempts to read the Boot Configuration Data

In order to fix the boot error 0xC000000F in Windows 10, you can also use the built-in bootrec.exe tool. Please note that a bootable Windows Installation DVD or USB is required. The goal is to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) that controls how Windows
    10 is started.

Step 1. Reboot your computer.

Step 2. Insert the bootable DVD or USB installation disk.

Step 3. Reboot your computer again and press “R.”

Step 4. Click “Troubleshoot.”

Step 5. Click “Command Prompt.”

Step 6. Type “bootrec /fixmbr” and press Enter.

Step 7. Type “bootrec /fixboot” and press Enter.

Step 8. Type “bootrec /rebuildbcd” and press Enter.

I.Torres, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - unexpected error has

2. I turned in my pc and it said an unexpected error has occurred error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned in my pc and it said an unexpected error has occurred error code 0xc000000f: 2nd time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turned-in-my-pc-and-it-said-an-unexpected-error/b844c120-0d9c-45f7-b773-3c104239368e
  3. I turned in my pc and it said an unexpected error has occurred error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned in my pc and it said an unexpected error has occurred error code 0xc000000f: 2nd time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turned-in-my-pc-and-it-said-an-unexpected-error/b844c120-0d9c-45f7-b773-3c104239368e
  4. I turned in my pc and it said an unexpected error has occurred error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. An unexpected I/O error has occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An unexpected I/O error has occurred: File: \windows32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc00000e9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-unexpected-io-error-has-occurred/03c2f34e-aaa0-4c9f-94b5-f5eb28b85d81
  6. Error when booting - "an unexpected I/O error has occurred" - "Error code: 0xc00000e9"

Error when booting - "an unexpected I/O error has occurred" - "Error code: 0xc00000e9": I turned on my computer and the following error message appears after the "preparing automatic repair" message comes up for a second: [IMG] The only working option from here is Esc - both F8 and enter just cause the screen to flash black once, briefly. F1 attempts to...
  7. 0xc000000f An unexpected error has occurred

0xc000000f An unexpected error has occurred: Hi I have A HP Laptop 14 and when starting up the laptop its shows me this screen. The laptop has been put down a little hard sometimes then it's reset its self but when it did it again it finished to 100 and then showed me the unexpected error screen. I think it's something...
  8. An unexpected error has occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An unexpected error has occurred: When I go through my email, there is one email that keeps giving that message. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? The rest of the email opens just fine...
  9. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed: Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not...
  10. Unexpected I/O error has occurred - File:\Boot\BCD

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected I/O error has occurred - File:\Boot\BCD: Hi Friends, My Windows 10 (Home Basic 64 bit) PC is not booting at all constantly rebooting itself without any manual intervention. I am stuck on this error screen, which says the following Recovery there was a problem with a device connected to your PC...
Tags: