Windows 10: An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file...

Discus and support An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC that had a small SSD for its C:\ drive and a large D:\ HDD where I kept OneDrive. I installed a new, large SSD in my PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrueRock2, Mar 12, 2020.

1. TrueRock2 Win User

An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file...

I have a Windows 10 PC that had a small SSD for its C:\ drive and a large D:\ HDD where I kept OneDrive.

I installed a new, large SSD in my PC to replace the old small SSD C:\ drive.

I performed a clean Windows 10 install on the new SSD.

When I had completed the Windows 10 install my OneDrive was on the new C:\ drive and an old version of the OneDrive remained on the old D:\ HDD drive.

From time to time I have attempted to delete the old OneDrive on the D:\ drive - but, Windows will only let me delete files in it and it will not let me delete folders unless there are no files in the folder. There are over 100,000 files in the old OneDrive and it is impossible to delete one file at a time to get rid of it.

An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file... 21e1501a-9458-4cb2-a77d-3eed3016ea96?upload=true.jpg

How to I delete the old OneDrive?

Thanks

:)

TrueRock2, Mar 12, 2020

2. Error 0x8007016A

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Error 0x8007016a this error is caused by the cloud file provider is not running here I leave these articles with the information to solve your problem

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-error-0x8007016a...

http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-repair-error-...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Eric-Kell Win User
    Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running

After some problems I reset OneDrive and moved the folder to another location (on another partition).

I pointed OneDrive setting to this new empty folder called OneDrive.

All my files (385GB) are downloading now to this new (empty) OneDrive folder.

I don't want to leave anything just in the cloud on demand.

I don't trust OneDrive anymore.

The downloading (syncing) is very very slow.

While syncing I get the message that there will be 2 copies of the same file created.

The name of the second file has the name of my PC attached.

The OneDrive files are syncing to an empty folder.

How can there be two versions of the same file????

I have to stop the synchronizing before my files get corrupted.

Second problem!

In the old location of the OneDrive folder there is still an "old" folder with all my files.

This folder is not part of OneDrive anymore and is certainly not syncing.

It's just a normal folder with some files.

When I try to delete a folder inside this old OneDrive I get an error saying this is not possible???

This folder cannot be deleted because the cloudprovider is not running.

Error 0x8007016A

Do I have to reset again?

I stil need my files in the OneDrive cloud.

I'm afraid of loosing my files.

Is this the "new" OneDrive?

Eric-Kell, Mar 12, 2020
  4. An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file...

Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.

Windows 10 did an unwanted update and moved all my files to a new folder. I have a folder that was in my OneDrive so I could grab it on multiple devices. I can't find it when I open OneDrive. All my other folders are there but this one. Of course it's the
    most important folder on OneDrive.

I can't access this folder now because of the Error 0x8007016A. I can't move it to my external hard drive or even to the desktop on my PC. The laptop where the folder was created and saved is showing the folder in the Quick Access section, but not in the
    OneDrive.

Can anyone please help?

MelissaHansen, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file...

1. An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file... - Similar Threads - unexpected error keeping

2. Unexpected error is keeping you from creating the folder 0x80042009

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected error is keeping you from creating the folder 0x80042009: I am trying to create a folder in my Android phone through my PC and I am receive an error. Unexpected error is keeping you from creating the folder 0x80042009the path I am trying to create the folder is My Phone/ internal storage/ android/data/...
  3. "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.": I have never used OneDrive and I cannot open files in the Documents folder because of this error. When I try to open a file the path is file:\\\D:\Documents\Path\To\File. All the icons have a small brown box over them....
  4. "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.": I have never used OneDrive and I cannot open files in the Documents folder because of this error. When I try to open a file the path is file:\\\D:\Documents\Path\To\File. All the icons have a small brown box over them....
  5. An unexpected error is keeping you from creating the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An unexpected error is keeping you from creating the file: for some reason my C:\ and D:\ drivers say "An unexpected error is keeping you from creating the file" [ATTACH] i have tried many things but nothing works im really panicking because i cant put anything to my windows folder or anywhere...
  6. Trying to restore a file from backup and get: Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is...

Trying to restore a file from backup and get: Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is...: I am setting up a new PC and trying to get files back from various backup locations WHS and disks from old PC. On a number of files I get the error Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running. This problem occurs on files in a particular directory but not all of...
  7. Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running

Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running: There are a lot of references to this error involving OneDrive. I get this error when trying to move two random files off my PC - to a USB memory stick, to a shared drive on a local NAS, to Dropbox, with OneDrive not involved as far as I know. Anyone able to help Thanks...
  8. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.

Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.: Windows 10 did an unwanted update and moved all my files to a new folder. I have a folder that was in my OneDrive so I could grab it on multiple devices. I can't find it when I open OneDrive. All my other folders are there but this one. Of course it's the most important...
  9. Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running.

Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running.: I can no longer open any zipped files, or move or copy any files in any of the OneDrive folders on my PC. Every time I try I get error message 0x8006017A and the message that "The Cloud File provider is not running". This problem occurs in both normal and safe modes, and...
  10. Error 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

Error 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running: My One Drive Folder was on Drive 'D' of my PC However, I recently installed a 2TB Hard Disk Drive, as Drive C, and installed OneDrive on this (new) Drive C. Now I find that I cannot 'Cut', 'Copy' or 'Delete' any of the folders or Files from my former One Drive Folder. I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80007016A cant delete folder