Windows 10: An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it?

Discus and support An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just noticed 'Desketop-S5L5P' appeared under my network tab. Any idea what this could be and how I can get rid of it? Thanks a lot for any help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r3tr0gam3r83, May 16, 2022.

1. An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it?

I've just noticed 'Desketop-S5L5P' appeared under my network tab. Any idea what this could be and how I can get rid of it? Thanks a lot for any help.

submitted by /u/r3tr0gam3r83
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/r3tr0gam3r83, May 16, 2022
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computers Vanished From File Explorer But Network Still Works

I agree with @Try3. I have tried every suggested method to fix Windows networking suggested on these forums. All at best only worked for a short time. The only things that helped was:
    1. Batch file I suggested in an earlier post
    2. Creating shortcuts to computers on my home network
    Note these two things are not fixes but workaround. However, at least they help and have never failed.

I have shortcuts set up for eight computers on my home network. I have created a folder on my desktop called My Network to hold the shortcuts. They have a mix of the following operating systems:
    • Windows 10 - 4
    • Windows 7 - 3
    • Windows XP - 1

An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it? [​IMG]

MisterEd, May 16, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    two drives in File Explorer

If you look carefully at the indents you'll see that the C: drive and the F: drive are actually at the same level in the hierarchy, listed under 'This PC', which itself is listed under Desktop. External drives are also listed under Desktop, hence F: appears twice. If you click the 'collapse/expand' arrow to the left of 'This PC' or 'Desktop' you'll see clearer how the hierarchical structure is laid out.

It's just two alternative pointers to the same place, no extra storage is in use. Brink's tutorial can help you tidy up the view, if you like.

An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it? [​IMG]

4. sturpe Win User

An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it?

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, May 16, 2022
Thema:

An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it?

1. An unknown Desktop has appeared under Network in File Explorer. Can I get rid of it? - Similar Threads - unknown Desktop has

2. How can I get rid of this file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of this file?: The attached file is connected to the warranty for this computer, I can't delete the warranty program. I've tried to do the /sfc command and did the image restore as well. I have to click "ok" 5-6 times as everytime I do it, it pops up again. Then it'll go away for a day at...
  3. Why has this suddenly appeared in the search bar and can I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why has this suddenly appeared in the search bar and can I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alco_god [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uui2cn/why_has_this_suddenly_appeared_in_the_search_bar/
  4. My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer: Hello everyone.I am experiencing quite of an headache here, as I'm puzzled whether this "issue" is normal behaviour of W11 or is related to some issues on behalf of my PC or Network Router. I should mention that I am currently running a virtual Linux distro under WSL 2, in...
  5. My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer: Hello everyone.I am experiencing quite of an headache here, as I'm puzzled whether this "issue" is normal behaviour of W11 or is related to some issues on behalf of my PC or Network Router. I should mention that I am currently running a virtual Linux distro under WSL 2, in...
  6. Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop: Windows 10.0.19041 Build 19041I have a bunch of dead links on File Explorer. These links don't show up on the desktop, and also don't show up in "C:\Users\<user>\Desktop"How do I remove them? Nothing in the context/right-click menu appears to help. I added these links a long...
  7. Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?: [ATTACH] I did my research and found that it's probably an issue with the icon being scaled incorrectly, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about it and couldn't find any instructions on it. The icons are 64x64, but I don't want them to be any smaller visually....
  8. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

"Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer: When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network". All available network hardware is working and a second computer across the room is performing normally and seeing the network. This has been going on for a...
  9. No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer: Greetings. So, I have no desktop under This PC when I go into File Explorer. Where did this go? Wouldnt it normally be there?? My shortcuts are syncing with Google Drive too. Please advise....
  10. NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix: I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this...