Windows 10: An unknown folder

Discus and support An unknown folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mech-tech, Dec 5, 2019.

1. mech-tech Win User

An unknown folder

When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is F:\$Recycle.bin. I can see the deleted files and they have also $ sign in front of them. Would you please explain how to get rid of the folder $Recycle.bin?

Thaks.

:)

mech-tech, Dec 5, 2019

2. Folder appears unknown

2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete.

Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc).

They also appear under software in device manager. What gives? I have Bitdefender AV. I cannot ID which folder they are under. Listed under "This PC"

Brad Gaylord, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Guttboy Win User
    Trying to get more space on HDD...found UNKNOWN area?

Ok here is what it says....the <Unknown> area is on the C: root....no sub folder and it is 3.7 gig. I also have a pagefile.sys at 2.5 gig and a hiberfil.sys at 1 gig.

Any suggestions?????

Guttboy, Dec 16, 2019
  4. enso Win User

An unknown folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

An unknown folder

1. An unknown folder - Similar Threads - unknown folder

2. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  3. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  4. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?: Windows Media Player does not show my artists and albums anymore. There are 2 folders. One is called "Unknown" with over 4000 songs, but they won't show when I open the folder. Playlists with songs listed, still come up in the 'play' field I have tried 'manage libraries' and...
  6. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?: Windows Media Player does not show my artists and albums anymore. There are 2 folders. One is called "Unknown" with over 4000 songs, but they won't show when I open the folder. Playlists with songs listed, still come up in the 'play' field I have tried 'manage libraries' and...
  7. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

8. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...: I'd just found random selfie of some girl in my %temp% folder.....can this be dangerous.....i have never seen this person....what should i do?...
  9. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...: I'd just found random selfie of some girl in my %temp% folder.....can this be dangerous.....i have never seen this person....what should i do?...
  10. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security