Windows 10: An unusual clock glitch

Discus and support An unusual clock glitch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started on April Fool's Day, so I thought Microsoft was messing with me or something. It's not really a problem per se just something weird.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheDork, Apr 3, 2016.

1. TheDork Win User

An unusual clock glitch

This started on April Fool's Day, so I thought Microsoft was messing with me or something. It's not really a problem per se just something weird.

What's happening is that AM and PM are now reversed letters. So it says MA in the morning and MP in the evening. And I've tried synchronizing the time and date, and also stopping and restarting the Windows Time service. Still it sits there like it's dyslexic. Like I said, it does not really effect anything but if you guys have any bright ideas for fixing it anyway I'd appreciate it.

:)

TheDork, Apr 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 2 in 1 clock loses time throughout day

I got a replacement and so far no clock problems and the keyboard is less glitch too.

james9of11, Apr 3, 2016
  3. BSOD unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died

Probably was a glitch in the AMD Sata drivers and maybe even something else causing the difficulty in updating those. Computers are so complex that is not unusual to fix something and not know the exact cause(s).

Glad to have helped.

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

An unusual clock glitch

Not a clue really.

Switch to hh;mm:ss format style in additional time settings region to give 24h clock style, reboot and go back to h:mm:ss tt, I think we are the same time format for USA as for UK??

Fafhrd, Apr 3, 2016
  5. TheDork Win User
    Tried that. No change. There must be something in the registry that was changed, there has to be.

TheDork, Apr 4, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Someone went in and played with the regional settings is all.

bro67, Apr 4, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    What could they have done that would reverse AM and PM in Regional settings? I looked around in there and don't see anything that could do this.

Edit: Just found this: How to Customize AM and PM Symbols in System Tray in Windows? - AskVG

Yup, just tried it and changed PM to MP.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

An unusual clock glitch

Fun isn't it. Even better was the old way with the TSR's that you could sneak in.

Or just go into display properties and turn the display 180.

Remember the program that each time a person would type, stuff would disappear off of the screen.

This trick that hit the OP is not one to get in trouble with, but easy to fix.

bro67, Apr 4, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Ha! That actually works! Even on the 'new' clock!

An unusual clock glitch [​IMG]

An unusual clock glitch [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2016
  10. TheDork Win User
    Yep you guys nailed this one. It was changing the symbol in Region settings that did it. This is my work computer and I don't have co-workers that are pranksters, so this is really odd to me that that would have been changed. Regardless it is back to its rightful settings now. Thanks all.

TheDork, Apr 4, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Never say that no one in the office pulls pranks. The ones that are really good at it, do not brag for a reason.

This is why you lock your workstation when getting up.

bro67, Apr 4, 2016
  12. TheDork Win User
    Oh I always do heh. I go to lunch, first thing I do is lock my computer.

TheDork, Apr 4, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

An unusual clock glitch

Well someone has your password, or put a admin password as a back door.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

An unusual clock glitch

1. An unusual clock glitch - Similar Threads - unusual clock glitch

2. New Clock app's World clock section has glitched out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Clock app's World clock section has glitched out.: [ATTACH] This is probably what they were going for, with a smaller window. This is definitely not what they were going for Here's the Feedback hub link: https://aka.ms/AAi6yy5 submitted by /u/ElPussyKangaroo [link] [comments]...
  3. Unusual activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual activity: I have been receiving notices of unusual sign in activity . I changed my passed word today. I want to know if there is anything else I need to do or even if this is a legit email as it is coming in my junk mail. If there was someone to talk with the problem would have been...
  4. Unusual activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual activity: I have been receiving notices of unusual sign in activity . I changed my passed word today. I want to know if there is anything else I need to do or even if this is a legit email as it is coming in my junk mail. If there was someone to talk with the problem would have been...
  5. Unusual Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unusual Email: Hello everyone, please i need your help. My LAN users, some of them check their email in the morning, they found an email, saved in draft folders, and it has an attachment called "FileAttachment.txt", but no one created that message. Some of the users came across this issue...
  6. Taskbar clock - new and unusual behaviour related to RuntimeBroker.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar clock - new and unusual behaviour related to RuntimeBroker.exe: After upgrading to build 2004 I noticed that if I teminate all RuntimeBrokers from task manager (I like to keep the number of running processes to a minimum) the task bar's clock will crash when clicked on. Specifically what crashes is ShellExperienceHost.exe, with faulting...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Glitch: [ATTACH] My taskbar clock has this weird glitch that a appeared when I tried optimizing my computer with 'Advanced System Optimizer' that I downloaded today. do you guys know if there is any way of fixing this?...
  8. Unusual Account

Unusual Account: Hi After seeing a popup message asking me to attend to some account issues, I noticed a new account that has been added but not by me. The account name is HolidayCalendars_A0088992-079B-BCCB-8E046D03..... Can anybody help identify what account this is? Was this added by...
  9. Taskbar clock system icon sleep delay glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar clock system icon sleep delay glitch?: This is a new one, only my clock/date system icon does not show up for a few seconds when I resume from sleep but it displays immediately when resuming from hibernation or restart. The blank placeholder on the taskbar is there just no digits. All the other taskbar icons...
  10. Weird Clock Glitch (Windows 10)

Weird Clock Glitch (Windows 10): The taskbar clock is glitched and I don't know how to fix it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-clock-glitch-windows-10/031a9c88-d331-454a-bfd9-3e98bae2efa2