Windows 10: An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown

Discus and support An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow, I inadvertly hit a button that lowered my margin of my internet explorer. Now all of my open windows are shown above and it pushes down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Popsham, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Popsham Win User

An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown

Somehow, I inadvertly hit a button that lowered my margin of my internet explorer. Now all of my open windows are shown above and it pushes down my active screen space. How do I adjust my upper margin?

:)

Popsham, Aug 28, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 28, 2019
  3. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 28, 2019
  4. An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown

1. An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown - Similar Threads - unwanted upper task

2. how do change out my search bar's upper right symbol task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do change out my search bar's upper right symbol task bar?: With the Windows 11 download I now have a search bar in the bottom left of my task bar which can or cannot have the Bing logo in the upper right corner. I own 2 laptops and only one shows the Bing logo.; the other laptop has the search bar with a daily changing graphic in the...
  3. how do change out my search bar's upper right symbol task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do change out my search bar's upper right symbol task bar?: With the Windows 11 download I now have a search bar in the bottom left of my task bar which can or cannot have the Bing logo in the upper right corner. I own 2 laptops and only one shows the Bing logo.; the other laptop has the search bar with a daily changing graphic in the...
  4. Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar: Help!The Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar.Is there a way to rebuild the icons?The browser works well though.Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-95-icon-is-shown-as-blank-in-the-task-bar/482dddf4-2474-488a-9f0f-d52e59133630
  5. Links unwanted in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  6. Unwanted icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on task bar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  7. unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar: How do I stop unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-multiple-file-explorer-files-in-my-task/92840ce6-52a3-4e78-b31a-9ecb9d996b8e
  8. Task bar unwanted moving problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Task bar unwanted moving problem: I run 3 monitors. The order is 1, 2 , 3 from left to right. 2 monitor is main display. I want the task bar to stay on the left side of monitor 1. My system stays on 24/7 but the monitors turn off after 1 hour of no activity because I run SETI. When I reactivate the computer...
  9. battery life indicator not shown in task bar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery life indicator not shown in task bar: battery life indicator not shown in task bar. but in settings the option is turned on. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-indicator-not-shown-in-task-bar/220b7e7d-c130-4ddb-a0d4-9d75aa4beefe
  10. Frustrating unwanted task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frustrating unwanted task bar: How do I get this search engine task bar off the top of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frustrating-unwanted-task-bar/b9552b77-27e8-41e1-893f-c519af982c60