Windows 10: An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I...

Discus and support An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I want to change it back! I don't have word. I can't afford that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rhia601, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Rhia601 Win User

An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I...

An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I want to change it back! I don't have word. I can't afford that right now & that's why I've been using wordpad. Today, I try to access my wordpad documents & I see they're allllll microsoft word documents! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!! I WANT THEM BACK TO WORDPAD. HOW DO I CHANGE THEM BACK??????

:)

Rhia601, Aug 31, 2019
  2. stonefly Win User

word to wordpad

The Word documents are showing up as .doc rather than .docx. I followed your suggestion, but when I tried to open the document I got the same song and dance from Microsoft, specifically, "Buy Microsoft Word". There must be some way out of this dilemma. Microsoft has hijacked all my documents and is holding them for ransom.

stonefly, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    word to wordpad

It seems quite common these days that new PCs come with Word as the default association for documents as a 'advert' to try and get you to buy Word. It is easy to change the default association to Wordpad.

Wordpad files will not allow write permission.

4. An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I...

Converting documents from word pad to microsoft word

Windows 10 did NOT "convert" your documents from Word to Wordpad.

Do you have Word installed?

Gordon B-P, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I...

1. An update converted all my wordpad documents to microsoft word without my permission. I... - Similar Threads - update converted wordpad

2. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  3. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  4. Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents: I have recently updated my windows 10 and I tried to open Wordpad, I get a popup saying "Unable to create new document" And when I look under the Wordpad arrows for my saved documents the icon is missing and if I try to open one it says "The item selected is unavailable. It...
  5. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  6. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  7. converting documents to WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting documents to WORD: By accident I recently changed my settings to convert any and all PDFs to WORD documents. So emails and other type files are being converted. How do I change it back to getting emails that have the real PDF inserted/included? Thank you....
  8. Word documents changed to wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word documents changed to wordpad: I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad. Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without having to change every file independently?...
  9. CONVERT WORDPAD DOCUMENT TO WORKS

in Windows 10 Customization
    CONVERT WORDPAD DOCUMENT TO WORKS: I CREATED A DOCUMENT IN WORDPAD THAT I NEED TO PUT IN WORKS. I AM NEW TO WINDOWS 10 AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WOUND UP CREATING THE DOCUMENT IN WORDPAD OR HOW TO MOVE IT TO OUTLOOK....
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update and now all documents in wordpad and not word