Windows 10: An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP.

Discus and support An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, a while ago an update broke anti-aliasing for a majority of games that utilize MSAA. Even with the settings maxxed out, it looks terrible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DannyNeutronGMG, Apr 21, 2021.

1. An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP.

Hello, a while ago an update broke anti-aliasing for a majority of games that utilize MSAA. Even with the settings maxxed out, it looks terrible.

This is on a desktop with an ASUS Z490 Maximus Formula XII, 10900K CPU, GTX1080Ti. Windows 10 20H2 and 461.92 NVIDIA Driver.

This has greatly affected the visual quality of games and in particular for myself, flight simulation. I use Prepar3D Version 5.1 HotFix 1 and the problem is present. It is also present in DCS World and X-Plane 11. I reported this issue in their forums as well:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/user/179488/447633/rocket-leagueall-games-smaa-bug-anti-aliasing/

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141801

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140489

Video on the subject I created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1PS6ZGYiM

Someone at Microsoft needs to take this seriously and look into this problem. Please find a solution to this. Thank you.

An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP. a24f3d12-ec91-4b16-a039-111deb52d058?upload=true.jpg

:)

DannyNeutronGMG, Apr 21, 2021

2. x850 pro not anti aliasing

I've got a 3d Club PCI-e x850 pro. All the drivers are up to date, and all my games have the latest updates installed but no matter what i do it looks as if it isn't anti aliasing. In the ATI control centre i've told it to always anti alias and in games if u bump it up to full it just seems to ignore it. Using power strip it has a force anti aliasing setting aswell and that also didn't seem to change anything. If anyone could suggest anything it would be much appreciated. Is it the hardware malfunctioning or is it a driver/software problem. Once again, any help would be appreciated.

cheers

kiesersozai, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Keltari Win User
    Anti-aliasing in games and its relation with VRAM

Anti-aliasing is more GPU intensive. The GPU has to process the edges of a vector in relation to its neighboring pixels. The more that is on the screen and the more the image changes, the more it has to calculate.

When it comes to AA, try different settings. While the game might offer 16x AA or 8x, you might not see a difference visually from 2x or 4x.

Keltari, Apr 21, 2021
  4. An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP.

Anti-Aliasing not working for me.

Hey so I've been having this probably for about a year now, I got my new PC and it was working fine, was playing GTA 5 and suddenly anti-aliasing in all my games stop working. So I tried to fix it, and then I thought it was my GPU so then I got the GTX 980, the same thing happen the anti-aliasing wasn't working. So I got a whole new PC, with the same GPU I had in my old one but the same thing happen. So then I went out and got my self a 4k monitor and the anti-aliasing wasn't working still, I even tried playing the games in 4k with the anti-aliasing on max settings and I can still see those jagged lines. I've already tried doing a clean install, even reinstall Windows. But nothing seems to work. Could it be because of Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong here? Please help me! Sadly I don't have the GTA 5 pics anymore, but if you guys need any let me know and I'll jump on a game and take some.

This isn't my pic but it looks just like this.

Shaine1996, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP.

1. An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP. - Similar Threads - update broke MSAA

2. A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP: I don't know if you guys gonna listen, but I have been a Windows machine but the weird bugs make me leave let me enlighten you with a trash weird bug that happens when you open "Adobe Illustrator" and your mouse cursor disappears first I thought it must be my mouse problem...
  3. A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP: I don't know if you guys gonna listen, but I have been a Windows machine but the weird bugs make me leave let me enlighten you with a trash weird bug that happens when you open "Adobe Illustrator" and your mouse cursor disappears first I thought it must be my mouse problem...
  4. Microsoft please add setting for disable anti aliasing in Photos Viewer :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft please add setting for disable anti aliasing in Photos Viewer :: I was very happy with yesterday's version because MsPhotos was finally able to view pixel art images directly, but just after updating it turned out to be blurry again : I looked for the problem in the community and apparently someone said that MsPhotos becoming...
  5. Microsoft please add setting for disable anti aliasing in Photos Viewer :

Microsoft please add setting for disable anti aliasing in Photos Viewer :: I was very happy with yesterday's version because MsPhotos was finally able to view pixel art images directly, but just after updating it turned out to be blurry again : I looked for the problem in the community and apparently someone said that MsPhotos becoming...
  6. Turn off anti-aliasing in my display

Turn off anti-aliasing in my display: I want to completely turn off anti-aliasing in my monitor of my laptop? How do i do that?Can i do it without using any 3rd party tools?Change the topic if necessary especially personalization...
  7. Turn off anti-aliasing in my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off anti-aliasing in my display: I want to completely turn off anti-aliasing in my monitor of my laptop? How do i do that?Can i do it without using any 3rd party tools?Change the topic if necessary especially personalization...
  8. Update in Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing. Please fix ASAP. Games look super jagged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update in Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing. Please fix ASAP. Games look super jagged.: Hello, a while ago an update broke anti-aliasing for a majority of games that utilize MSAA. Even with the settings maxxed out, it looks terrible. This is on a desktop with an ASUS Z490 Maximus Formula XII, 10900K CPU, GTX1080Ti. Windows 10 20H2 and 461.92 NVIDIA Driver....
  9. FullScreen Windowed Mode Anti-Aliasing Broken on Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FullScreen Windowed Mode Anti-Aliasing Broken on Windows 10 20H2: Hello, I've decided to take some time to showcase the issue that is plaguing every single game in existence right now. The reason is because some games run on full screen windowed mode, something is broken that isn't allowing the Antialiasing to be implemented on this mode....
  10. Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off: I was drawing by my PC and my sketch pad slapped my keyboard then suddenly all text got super pixelated, when I move around my program windows it shows a highlight of where it will be instead of real time and my task bar just pops up without a smooth animation. I need help I...