Windows 10: An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data...

Discus and support An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data file and most system files are now in found.003. help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SILENCE THA NOMAD, May 18, 2021.

1. An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data...

An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data file and most system files are now in found.003. help please?This is a friends PC that must have ran an update without them knowing and has now essentially flattened the OS folder and in the process dskcheck has "recovered" the system files. I'm using Linux to look at the drive as nothing else will work and I had to save their data, work, homework.Thanks in advance!

:)

SILENCE THA NOMAD, May 18, 2021

2. how to rebuild the ubuntu boot loader

I was using the boot loader that ubuntu installed to load linux and windows xp individually, but after I tried to reinstall xp using a bootable usb drive it erased my boot loader information leaving xp as the only os to boot.

I want to know what are the commands that I need to input maybe inside a live ubuntu so I can use my existing ubuntu instalation as well as xp like it was before this accident.

Miguel2013, May 18, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

4. An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data...

Move Boot Loader?

I installed Ubuntu Karmatic Koala on a partition utilizing some free space i had on a 320GB drive (which also is where i store my files. I have 160GB hardrive with windows 7 on it and the boot loader for grub. I want to wipe the 160GB harddrive so i can use it for storage but doing so will erase my boot loader making the harddrive unbootable. What should i do?

*Bang Head :banghead:

sonnytiger, May 18, 2021
Thema:

An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data...

1. An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data... - Similar Threads - update has corrupted

2. Day zero OS updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Day zero OS updates: I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop, which was advertised as complete with all the necessary windows win10 home version updates, yet I have been battling seemingly endless day 0 updates since I got it. Most notably, a feature update to version 1909 which for some reason...
  3. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  4. Erase data win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erase data win 10: Bot new computer, want to donate. How erase[ delete data ]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-data-win-10/3bd60287-b5f1-44b5-b037-156266d23d18"
  5. If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS?

If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS?: My Windows 10 HP laptop stopped booting up this morning. If my bot loader is corrupted, what can I do to fix my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-the-boot-loader-is-corrupted-how-can-i-repair/ccba19df-146a-49a1-bc1a-3efd47871d3b
  6. Windows 10 update corruption of OS

Windows 10 update corruption of OS: During a major W10 update when it begins to restart the PC, after installing components, on re-boot displays an error message "Missing Operating System". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-corruption-of-os/f89db6ee-6066-4c9c-859d-ba4731b0c972
  7. Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??: I have some 2.5" laptop drives that I wish to sell and have researched the best way to wipe the data off them. Many recommend using a free program called Dban also known as nuke and boot. I want to use this free software on the hdd's that will be attached to my laptop via...
  8. what's involved in the Win 10 boot loader repair ?

in Windows 10 Support
    what's involved in the Win 10 boot loader repair ?: I have a Windows XP/ Win 10 dual boot system, and I've also just moved to a replacement motherboard. The Win 10 handled the different motherboard in it's stride (except for activaton issue, but that's another story) The Windows XP *seems* like it is OK, but I'm getting...
  9. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...
  10. Open folder that has corrupted and is now a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open folder that has corrupted and is now a file?: Hello, I was working on some files off a external hard drive. I think someone removed my external drive while the files were still open so several of my files and folders have been corrupted. I have been able to recover the word documents that were corrupted; however, there...